No announcement yet.

Freakygeek's new ride - Project: NSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after a few setbacks I'm finally back to work on the NSX!

More dismantling work in preparation for repainting...

22 years of dust in my climate control cabin air sensor...

Collection of new OEM parts to install when the reassemble begins, including OEM NSXR gearshift boot.

Once the cosmetic refresh is complete, the fun will begin with the mechanical refresh!
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Micromeshhhhhhhhhh. Loving it.
      Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
        Update: I've decided to have the NSX repainted properly. The existing job wasn't up to my standards and the only way to properly cure it is a bare metal respray. So it begins....
        Don;t you just hate shit painters when you pay so much for them. I had the same issue however found a painter I can trust.

New goods looks the goods .
        Moiz
        無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Nice to see an update!

Hope you're recovering well Cambo!
          Shak's S2000

Comment

Thanks Shak Recovering pretty well now.

Update: Bye bye old paint!

Yes it's definitely aluminium lol

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

One panel done... 7 more to go. Plus bumpers and side skirts and mirrors etc...

Comment

Wow shiny
                ClubITR | Like

Comment

hope the respray goes well

Comment

Originally posted by DC2-PWR View Post
                    Don;t you just hate shit painters when you pay so much for them. I had the same issue however found a painter I can trust.
                    Yes - unfortunately the previous paint job was done quite poorly. Lots of crap in the paint, inconsistent finish, parts masked up instead of removed to be painted. My OCD couldn't live with it.
                    To be fair, the job was probably cheap and the labour cost to do the job properly would have been prohibitive. I think if I was paying someone retail for this job it would easily exceed $10k.

Fortunately a good friend of mine is a spray painter whose work I have seen a lot of, and can only describe it as exceptional. With his guidance on the preparation side of things, I can not only save a lot of labour cost but also learn about my favourite car in a level of detail I never thought possible. Of course the satisfaction of the project when it is complete will be a lot higher than if I'd simply dropped it off at a shop and paid them money.

The way this car is put together is really very interesting. Longevity and quality were obviously quite important in the engineers minds.

Originally posted by vhpete View Post
                    hope the respray goes well
                    Cheers, I am certainly hoping so too!

Comment

Rear guards removed! Kinda freaky. The whole guard weighs bugger all as you'd expect being aluminium although the cast alloy air intake duct weighs heaps! Might need some CF ones haha.

Comment

Took an evening off NSX project to carry out paint correction on my mates S2000.

Before (rear guard)

After (not complete, just one pass with the rotary with compound. Still needs polish and wax etc)

Comment

nice work on the nsx...

props to u and ur OCD...
                          I love it
                          my sale thread 21.01.12
                          CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

oh wow (no rear guards)

can you please take a closer pic of B pillar where the roof joins?
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

I have a couple of pics but can take a proper close up tomorrow Felix?

What interests you about that bit? Hehe targa to coupe conversion? Lol

Comment

Here you go Felix!

Comment

Working...
                                X