Freakygeek's new ride - Project: NSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
    looks sick mate, will look out for it around town. see you go to the same carwash as me too haha, nice!
    i've driven my car about 6k this year already commuting to sydney, paint is destroyed though since it also sleeps outside all day everyday
    Yeah definitely, we'll have to meet up sometime. Should be around tomorrow
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Night time RE002 fitment!
      Attached Files

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post

I really didn't think I could have one for at least another few years, I had to postpone some other projects to make it happen but I couldn't miss the opportunity since it is so hard to find manual NSXs. I mean we would all love a manual NA2 NSX but finding one for sale is next to impossible. I will keep my eye out... Or perhaps just build this one into my ideal car.
        Congrats on getting it earlier than you anticipated !

Anyone know if there actually are any road registered NA2 NSX in Aus ? Wonder if they are importable as there are a few nice ones on Importmonster.

Comment

Originally posted by tyk View Post
          Congrats on getting it earlier than you anticipated !

Anyone know if there actually are any road registered NA2 NSX in Aus ? Wonder if they are importable as there are a few nice ones on Importmonster.
          Thanks man.

NA2 just means 3.2L. So anything from 97 onwards. There are a few facelift NA2 (fixed headlights, not popup) in the country, but not many.

I think the only way to import an NSX is privately if you owned the car in Japan etc for > 12 months.

Comment

Nice tyres! Hopefully the weights are now inside the rim behind the spokes?
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Oh Right. Always thought NA2 meant Gen 2/Facelift only.

Lets hope they officially bring the new NSX to Australia in a couple of years..

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                Nice tyres! Hopefully the weights are now inside the rim behind the spokes?
                Yep, they are. Unfortunately the rims are a bit rashed in spots so they need a repaint... All in time

Comment

Originally posted by tyk View Post
                  Oh Right. Always thought NA2 meant Gen 2/Facelift only.
                  Facelift is also known as 02+

Yep all in time Cambo! #yolo
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

Pics of NSX front and rear tyres side by side, and floating car lol
                    Attached Files

Comment

The first thing I see out the window in the morning
                      Don't worry, it will have a garage space soon...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looking good Cam. Car seems quite low with the stock suspension.
                        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                          Looking good Cam. Car seems quite low with the stock suspension.
                          Probably 22 year old spring sag! It does seem a bit lower than it probably should be - you need to lift the car a fraction to get the hoist pads under the jacking points...
                          I'm looking at suspension options at the moment. Still leaning toward OEM NA2 NSX-R suspension, although if I want ride height adjustment that isn't possible. There are a few other nice options available though, too.

The new Bridgestone RE002 all round have made a fantastic difference. The steering feel is far more communicative and the car is much much quieter. A nice side effect.

Comment

How much mileage is on the car, and if its not rude to ask, how much cashola did you have to part with to score this beauty?

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by justinfox
                            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                              How much mileage is on the car, and if its not rude to ask, how much cashola did you have to part with to score this beauty?
                              Lots of km's! 289,000. The car was daily driven for a large part of its life, but very easy milage. I'd probably prefer not to say what I paid - hope you understand

Ordered some more general maintenance parts earlier in the week:

RH Tie rod & Rack end (some movement there, and looks like the LHS tie rod has been replaced previously as it looks newer)
                              OEM CV Boot kits x 4 + OEM axle seals (one boot is split, and while I've got the axles out I might as well refresh all 4 boots)
                              Knock sensors x 2 (DTC logged for front bank knock sensor - might as well replace both while the inlet manifold is off)
                              OEM IM gaskets (for knock sensor job)
                              O2 sensors x 2 (DTC logged for O2 sensor - rear bank)

Looking forward to getting the steering parts done so I can put the car on the wheel aligner and tinker with all of these adjusters!

Comment

Cam where you are getting your OEM parts from?

Bilstein shocks look like a good option, has two height settings and from what I've read very comfortable around town. If they're comparable to the Evo Performance Pack Bilsteins then they would be pretty good.
                                ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X