MACDOG's VTi-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MACDOG's VTi-R

Hey everyone, my names Chris and I hail from the Northern Beaches of Sydney. Been on here for a while now.. I just realised that I hadn't made a build thread / members ride thread. So here goes!

I got my car when I was 16, and on my L's from my Uncle, his wife thought he was a little too old for an Integra, so she forced him to buy a fancy AMG Merc, so I saw that as an opportunity to snatch this!

Stock as a rock when I got it, thought I was such a pimp at school (haha)

Anyway, I found out about JDMST and ClubITR and all that from a couple of mates, so after trawling the forums for a while, I decided to make an account and start purchasing stuff. First thing I bought was the DC2R front engine brace.

And of course, being a P plater I bought a head unit and some new speakers (No sub, cause I keep it real)

Bought a Type R wing, no idea why, thought that I could flog my car off as a Type R? Iunno, but rocked a little noob panda spec for a week before I got into my first little DIY, the respray!

Time went on, my car had a few issues with over heating, found out it was the head gasket, so whilst I had the rocker cover off, I stripped it and sprayed it with OEM wrinkle red.

The week after, my girlfriend bought me some new seats, they're not genuine RECARO, but how was she to know?! haha, still stoked.

This is my car with the resprayed wing, and my fatass dog.

Went down to Sydney Auto Wreckers in Greenacre And picked up a whole DC2R faux carbon interior trimmings, pretty stoked with it, cost me 100 bucks, was expecting the dude to say $300 odd, haha.

(ABOVE: more of the girlfriends personal touches)

I bought the DC2R 4X114.3 conversion setup and had great difficulty with it, so I sold it off and bought hub adapters for my car so I could fit my wheels on, I looked like a monster truck, and driving on hub adapters just felt dangerous, so I pissed them off pretty quickly.

Matt from JDMWheelsImports hooked me up with these: (Rota c10s? yeah I know they are rotors, but as a high school student, I didn't have cash for authentic wheels, and I wasn't planning on tracking it anytime soon.

Started to get a little but serious recently, atleast I thought so, found out I had some money, so I decided to get busy. JDMaccessories helped me out with these, buddyclub n+ coilovers

And a facelift front bar! + DC2R OEM lip.

And a GEN 2 Mugen wing, its resprayed white now, will update with more pics later of the wing, and the coilovers installed!

Wanting to go more track orientated now, I just need to learn more about it, need someone to mentor me!

UPDATE:

Fronts are in, just getting new LCA's for the rear coilovers

As you can see below, they're are BWR VTi-r LCA's, I need DC2R ones, so some blackworks racing arms are on their way!

My mates Prelude

Last edited by MACDOG; 29-09-12, 12:18 AM.

Welcome Chris! Nice car you have there
    Shak's S2000

Comment

very nice man! i love that wing on dc2s

Comment

Thanks guys!

Loving the wing too, always wanted one, when I saw this it was a must have! can change the angle on the middle piece too! (its matte black)

Next thing on the cards is new rotors and pads, was thinking these

From JDMaccessories.com.au

Comment

Great progress Chris. It's nice to see the transformation.
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
            Great progress Chris. It's nice to see the transformation.
            Thanks Felix, its really changed in the past few weeks, I spent alot of time looking at other Integras thinking 'Dayumm, wish mine looked like that'. Only just kicked in that I actually needed to spend some money and get busy!

Comment

Fantastic transformation, your car looks the goods.
              1988 CRX
              1999 Integra Type R
              2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Originally posted by Setanta View Post
                Fantastic transformation, your car looks the goods.
                Thanks mate!

Comment

Face lift bar is teh business!!

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by justinfox
                  You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by MACDOG View Post
                    Thanks guys!

Loving the wing too, always wanted one, when I saw this it was a must have! can change the angle on the middle piece too! (its matte black)

Next thing on the cards is new rotors and pads, was thinking these

From JDMaccessories.com.au
                    Looking good mate. Came along way since i 1st saw it!

One thing id stay away from drilled rotors!!
                    sigpic
                    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Thanks DC2R! Way better than the pre facelift I was rocking.

Cheers Karl, changed a bit! Would you recommend just the slotted ones?

Comment

Yer i went DBA slotted front and RDA slotted rear
                        sigpic
                        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

I would also advise against drilled rotors unless you want to be buying pads twice as often.

Comment

Prob just got slotted then, I want something that I can use on the street, but still hold up decently on the track

Comment

Get some mugen and type R stickers!! Fuck those kitty ones off

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by justinfox
                              You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X