No announcement yet.

Bryan's DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys! Will definitely give a write up...hopefully post some pics too!

Comment

Finally got around to installing the turnbuckle support rods for my splitter. I decided to install them behind the bumper for a number of reasons:
      1. they didn't need to be unfastened if I wanted to remove my bumper
      2. more stealth
      3. they were too short...I'm a big believer in measure once, cut / buy twice

First two pics show the install / location, third pic shows the splitter sitting flush (except for the left edge...needs some adjustment)...there used to be a 1cm gap!

Fourth pic...well...you'll always find there's a tool left behind when you've put everything back together!
      Attached Files

Comment

The car is deregistered - no way I can drive that on the street without attracting cop attention!

The paint was quite faded when I got it. I think I just left the buffer too long in the one spot...paint was quite oxidised as well.

Given I did the same thing to my wife's Outback recently (trying to polish out some bird poo etching), I'd say there's a reasonable amount of user fault and proof that I am a slow learner.

Comment

What a fantastic day at the track with JDMYard. Cool, overcast weather...maybe didn't help get max grip from tyres but still good times in the 1:12s.

We had a VTEC Battle with a few guys - Yonas and I were chasing one another for a few good laps. Our times are pretty similar with our cars having advantages at different points - Yonas' K20 was able to pull away from me on the straights, his entry into turn one was better, and exit onto the main straight...but all in all, excellent fun chasing one another.

Also had few moments we had with 3-4 cars (including Alex!) going into the turns together... that was hairy!

Comment

Good to see u again Bryan! Car is so clean for a track car!

That battle was fun. I think that was a solid 4 lap battle too. I think if the EK wasnt there would have been real fun with the two s2K and your DC2!

See u next time!
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

You too Alex! I have to say that was one of the most enjoyable days I had out on the track. I was so pumped after I left...I was still messaging Yonas at night. Wife was not impressed, haha!

I'm going to get camber arms this weekend - hopefully that will help with a bit more corner speed!

Comment

When I get a bit quicker I want to have some battles with you and Yonas too!
                Shak's S2000

Comment

Definitely! It's good fun! You have to get out on the track more though. Even if you're not driving, take a passenger ride with someone faster than you, or someone who has the same car and look at their lines, braking points, etc.

It also helps to get someone faster to drive your car and have then set a benchmark time. I know my car will do 1:10 as an example.

Chase someone who is faster than you and copy their lines.

Yonas in a like-for-like car, will be faster than me. I'm able to catch him because I have a weight advantage...and I can keep going and going whilst his tyres and brakes will give out before mine.

Comment

I typically do about 1 or 2 warm up laps...but that also depends on the time of day, and temperature. First thing in the morning, I have to do a few more as I trailer the car to the track.

I run 28psi cold and they'll hover around mid 30s...I'm not too anal about it.

I haven't fitted the oil and water temp gauges yet so can't tell...can't remember from when I had the GPX data logger (bad memory!)

Comment

Just read through your thread, some good things happening. Before I bought the dc2 I was considering the mx5 as well for track duties.

Did you weigh the car before/after changing to the carbon bonnet and hatch?

I'm guessing all the weight reductions have put you below a tonne.

Comment

Good question...haven't weighed the car.

The rear hatch itself is a lot lighter (without the glass) - you could easily lift it with one hand if not for the bulk, and same with the bonnet.

I'd love to get rid of the glass but with the poor exchange rate, it's not worth it. I have considered DIY lexan...may still be a possibility. I think the next step is cutting the doors - I've already marked out what I want to remove (mainly to get at the intrusion bar)...and once that is done, I'll likely do lexan for the doors and rear windows...the rear windscreen will be a lot trickier.

Comment

Not a lot been happening apart from getting Hardrace camber arms fitted. I now have -4 deg camber and about 2mm toe out in front, -2 and 1mm toe out at the back.

I also flattened out the wing...probably too much. It wasn't much of an issue but it didn't feel as planted as before, so I'll return it to its previous position.

Went to Circuit Club today and man it was hot! First session out I managed to set a new PB 1:12.02, second timed session didn't go faster and I called it quits after that.

The car could handle the heat but I was feeling very uncomfortable in the heat, and having to drive all the way home...I decided to bail.

I know I can get into the 11s now, just need comfortable weather so I can concentrate better!

I had a good look at a few cars with lexan windows at the JDMYard Show Off and am very tempted to do it. I just can't justify the $1500 cost. The side windows are easy enough to do, but the rear screen is where the weight is and that one is hard to do.

Also tempted to work on some underbody aero...

Comment

nice pb to finish off the year bryan
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Thanks Alex! 11s for next year!

Comment

for both of us haha!

problem with me is my car keeps on changing so never can get used to it ><
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X