No announcement yet.

Bryan's DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a very enjoyable outing at the recent JDMYard track day. Yonas and I run similar times so we had a couple of short chases...unfortunately the weather didn't quite cooperate and I wasn't prepared to drive close to Yonas when it started to drizzle.

A couple of older but still current pics of the Integra as it looks from outside:

18.jpg

17.jpg

Next mods are probably going to be a track oriented set of coilovers and Lexan windows...speaking of which - has anyone done Lexan windows on their car here? I'm trying to justify a ~$1200 set of professionally formed windows from the UK...or in the spirit of "cheap and cheerful", DIYing a set myself.

The side windows won't be difficult - it's the rear one I'm concerned about as it curves on three planes. The main curvature is of course on either side - that is easy enough. I can live with the front/rear plane being flat and can perhaps cheat a bit by elevating the corners to reduce the diagonal curvature (the third plane). The thing is, if I don't get the curve right, there will be distortion...not that it's going to be a big issue.

Why DIY? Well...Lexan scratches easily and the car is kept under a cover outdoors = lots of scratch and rub marks. I think you see what I'm getting at!

Comment

Looking very tough Bryan!
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Thanks Felix! I feel I've fallen down that slippery slope!

Really looking forward to the upcoming Circuit Club track day...and also hoping I can get away with the next JDMYard track day too!

Comment

Yeah the car is looking really good!

Regarding the windows, in your position I would go for the stuff from the UK. I've seen a couple of cars with the P4P lexan in them and it looks so neat and fits so well that even for the cost I'd still go for it. I'd be putting it in my car now if not for the WTAC Clubsprint rules.

Comment

Yup, I did think about that Tom but I suspect that it'll get scuffed pretty quickly as it lives under a cover outdoors. I guess the option is to get some clear, protective peel-off film.

BTW ~$1200 is for the basic lexan...the thicker, tougher stuff costs more again!

If I don't find a suitable solution, I might just go with the P4P kit.

Comment

Got to take a peak inside the car when i visited JDMyard a while back. Car is indeed looking very neat! All best at the next track day.
              Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

Thanks Berty! With the brush-painted interior...still not completed BTW!

See you at CC?

I should also mention...the aluminum exhaust...VERY LOUD! I've bought a pack of earplugs now. I guess I can handle 5-6 laps but when it's an open pit lane and you just keep running...my ears started to ring!

Comment

Hey Bryan, car looked awesome last Monday!

Was fun watching you and yonas having those little battles haha. Hope to see you again at jdmyard in October!
                  Shak's S2000

Comment

Good seeing you again too Shak! Will definitely be trying to make it to the October day...have started pleading my case with SWMBO

Comment

Some pics from last Saturday's Circuit Club. Beautiful weather, not many cars in my group so traffic wasn't a real problem.

A new PB of 1:12.84 and can probably get to 1:12 flat - just need to sort out the understeer on entry which was a problem in the afternoon as the track got hot. Really looking forward to JDMYard Track Day next month!

Teg 3.jpg

11998815_10154277228827516_5556818872793016861_n.jpg

12009699_10154277228582516_4995505970653680384_n.jpg

12011236_10154277228537516_2932848038651252241_n.jpg

10353036_10154277228342516_55918096503285837_n.jpg

Comment

cant wait to see ur car back in action at the next jdmyard day bryan!
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Thanks Alex...just be gentle when you pass!

Comment

you mean u be gentle!
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Thanks for the compliment but AL92's car is much cleaner!

No updates for now, I've been working on the MX5. I'm waiting on a Hardrace camber kit with spherical bearings - Yonas is getting them in.

I still want to fix a blanking plate to the dash so I can mount my datalogger and hazard switch, and tidy up the wiring...but these are not huge priorities.

Other than that...JDMYard Track Day!
                              Last edited by Apu; 26-09-15, 03:35 PM.

Comment

This car is the guts!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X