No announcement yet.

Bryan's DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Shak! Definitely is no turning back now...took long enough to decide between this and the MX5 but since the Integra is more fun to drive fast (than potter around town), I made that leap.

Not so sure about red and blue interior, haha! I'm trying to keep to the red and black theme. I'd like to paint the interior but this isn't a show car so I'd do it on a budget (ie many hours of my time and a lot of spray cans...or rollers / brushes).

Comment

Long time between updates! I've completely stripped the interior now except for the door cards. The dash is being worked on...in all likelihood, I'll hack the daylights out of it to get it back in after the roll cage is installed.

The cage is a 6 point bolt-in with harness bar and door bars. The guy that is building it is the guy that builds the Exocet kit cars. He's built roll cages for some of Targa Racing's cars as well. If anyone is interested, he's prepared to have a special offer for DC2 (and I guess EG?). Contact me if interested.

10997618_10153718204132516_91672945023559745_n.jpg

11034189_10153719341917516_9178221461568991114_n.jpg

1509825_10153719341857516_8869910795496366216_n.jpg

I have to admit, unlike a lot of the detailed, high quality builds here...I've really committed my DC2R to track duties, hence was too cheap / lazy to invest in painting the interior properly. I hit it with a brush
      Last edited by Apu; 06-03-15, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Man the interior paint actually looks really good for a brush.. Well done !
        sigpic

Comment

The wonders of an iPhone camera from a distance! It's obviously brushed on when you get in there...especially since it's gloss.

Comment

So good seeing another DC2R being built for the circuit!
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Thanks Felix! When will you be back on?

Should catch up for lunch with Kevin as well!

Comment

Can't wait! Cage is almost done - just needs to be painted and re-installed.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Comment

The cage is in!

image.jpg

Now to get the alloy exhaust done! Much lighter than stainless, and much cheaper than titanium!
                  Last edited by Apu; 20-03-15, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Looking good man, it's coming together!
                    00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
                    13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
                    15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

The aluminum exhaust being built by NitroDann. Dann has built both the exhausts on my DC2R as well as the turbo kit for my MX5. His work is really, really good!

You can't quite see it here but when he pulled off the manifold, he noticed that it didn't match up perfectly so took it upon himself to port it. That'll improve the flow!
                      image.jpg

There's a step-up as the extractors aren't exactly 2.5", then the flex joint.
                      image.jpg

Vibrant aluminum muffler
                      image.jpg

Comment

Looking good Bryan, I still remember driving your R and realising how different the mods make the car feel. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project.

I keep thinking I should do little things to mine but I'm more focused on turning my E30 into a street car
                        1988 CRX
                        1999 Integra Type R
                        2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Thanks Peter. Unfortunately I can't offer another drive on the streets as it's deregistered now, but if you're ever at the track...

Would love to see your E30. I'm on leave the next two weeks and will be at home most of the time, any time you want to drop by, just give me a yell!

Comment

Nice update Bryan! I'm interested to see how the aluminium exhaust sounds/lasts. Is it going to be aluminium from the header back?

Comment

Hi Tom! It will be AL from header (or flex joint) back. I expect it to be unpleasant loud! Have to remember to load the car onto the trailer the night before for track days...don't think neighbours will like being woken up early in the morning!

I'm not to concerned about how it sounds as I'll have my helmet on, plus it's not a large muffler. It's cheap and light compared to a Ti unit - NitroDann (Dann Jolly) was able to balance a Golf setup vertically on his forehead. There's a video of him clowning around with it on his Facebook page.

I'll post an audio clip when I pick it up next week.

Comment

A few pics of latest progress! Finally finished off the bolt-in cage and installed the harness, stripped out the dash, fitted extinguisher and the kill-switch. I also made a bracket for the ECU to fit where the passenger airbag used to go...that will stop people from kicking it!

11402989_10154093576282516_4026212570433931937_n.jpg

11062325_10154093576302516_5851069672898672648_n.jpg

Thanks to Kiet at JDMYard for helping with the dash and the super-lightweight SSB battery. Could have sworn I have a pic of the aluminium exhaust somewhere...but can't find it. Will be interesting to see how it lasts on track at the next JDMYard track day

I need to re-do the panel covering the passenger airbag though...very poor DIY fit.
                                Last edited by Apu; 13-07-15, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X