No announcement yet.

Bryan's DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what did I get up to on the weekend? Bought an vacuum siphon! Stick a little probey-tubey thingy down the dipsticky-majiggy, pump it about 15-20 times, and watch the oil flow out!

The only thing is that when I pulled the flexi-tube out, I must have snagged it somewhere and tore the sleeve. Thankfully, it all came out, but that's obviously rendered the tube useless.

So I need to find some tough heat-shrink that I can use to seal the tube again. Any ideas where I can get that? I don't think regular heat shrink will be tough enough.

Admittedly, those are pics of my MX5 but the use will apply across all my cars. I'll only use it for the 5000kms oil change. Not the best way of doing it, but better than not doing it!

As for garages...see how the wealthy apartment dwellers in Singapore park their Aventadors!
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/WorksEngineeringAustralia
    Attached Files

Comment

AAHHHH so clean .... love the shifter!!!

Comment

Delayed response, but thanks John! I've fitted the Hardrace bushings I picked up at JDMYard a few weeks ago and it has restored some of the firmness to the shifter.

Anyway, by way of update I went to BYP today to fit and tune the Hondata. The car pulled 109kW at Honda Nats. Since then I fitted a Works Engineering CAI, PLM headers and a custom 2.5" exhaust. The car pulled 121kW and then with the Hondata, Benny squeezed a few more kW out of it - 127kW!

Happy with that, but more importantly, the car feels much more lively and has better throttle response - similar to the feel from when I fitted the lightened flywheel, so that was a nice Christmas present to myself!

Comment

Thought I'd give the guy who built my exhaust a little plug. I've just had him build me a frame for my PS3 steering wheel/pedal set. I was thinking mild steel and paint it black...but he did it in stainless!

http://www.facebook.com/NitroDann

The base is actually wider than the top, but the perspective of the shot makes it look like it's the same width top and bottom.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Bryan.

I put an extra photo up so you can see the angles on it.

Good results on the dyno and props to BYP for the hondata tune.

Dann

Comment

Wow...over a year since my last update. In that time, I've fitted PCI sideskirts, P1 front lip (haven't fitted the splitter yet), CF/FRP bonnet, CF rear hatch and wing...both painted red. There's a slight difference in colour - just nice so that it doesn't scream for attention but you can still see the CF weave as you approach.

I've got a couple of days off over the next few weeks and will be working on fitting a gurney flap on the wing. Will post some pics once that's done.

Beyond that...I'll be stripping the car out and perhaps putting a cage in. Anyone want to buy the full set of seats?
              Last edited by Apu; 27-06-14, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Pics? Sounds like you've been busy, well done guy.

Comment

Washed the car yesterday...here are some pics!

Looks clean, but could do with a polish. I switched to KU39s partly in desperation as I needed to get the pink slip...should have just delayed it by a couple of weeks and not drive the car because Yokohama have their sale now
                  Teg Front.jpg

You can make out the CF weave here - not really noticeable unless you look for it. Good enough to not attract unnecessary attention.
                  Teg Bonnet.jpg

Rear pods on but haven't fitted the gurney flap yet.
                  Teg Rear.jpg

Comment

Looking mint. I like the hidden weave!

Comment

looking great there bryan , are the skirts easy to get ? a pain to fit ? makes the side of the car look so much better .

Comment

Hey Kev! The skirts are reasonably easy to fit. Needs some drilling to fit the brackets and once those are on, it's just a matter of screwing on the skirts. I got them off BYP.

Comment

Again, it's been months but more pics of what I've been up to...slowly clearing out the inside of the car!

I got to work with a spot weld cutter, chisel and hammer!
                          Drill.jpg

...and started to remove all the now-redundant brackets. Only a couple more left...but that will probably take another few weeks!
                          weld.jpg

The partially finished interior - thankfully, the ITR has zero soundproofing! No need for dry ice! I've since removed all the remnants of glue with Solv-It. Very easy, just spray it on, enjoy the orangey fragrance for about 10 minutes, scrape the goo off with a plastic spatula.
                          empty.jpg

Had some spare time so decided to cut out the bumper a bit. Not sure if that will provide any tangible benefit.
                          cutout.jpg

Next step is to get a set of AD08Rs fitted then decide if I want to go to R-specs; and surrender the plates. A bolt-in cage is planned for early next year.
                          Last edited by Apu; 15-10-14, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Apu View Post
                            Next step is to get a set of AD08Rs fitted then decide if I want to go to R-specs; and surrender the plates. A bolt-in cage is planned for early next year.
                            Ah that reminds me!

Nice work so far Bryan
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Thanks Felix! But I think you had a nicer interior?

Comment

Nice Bryan, no turning back now!

Blue and red interior hmm
                                Shak's S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X