No announcement yet.

Paulieee_R's MR DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just read through the whole build!! Looks amazing, Lots of changes over time haha

Comment

Thank you everyone! She has certainly come a long way! She's somehow finding her way onto USDM sites and pages too.

Originally posted by tyk View Post
      Looking awesome ! Let me know if you want some craft stickers..
      OMG Yes pls!

Comment

So I picked up my Password:JDM Gurney Flap from Fielding the other day. Washed the car today and properly cleaned the section of the wing the Flap would go onto.

Didn't add any additional double sided tape or any other adhesive, so I'm really afraid it'll come off mid-drive. But I had it taped down at 4 different places from about 3pm until about 9pm so it should be ok.

2nd Carbon Fibre bit to go onto the car!

Edit: Am never resizing my pics with TinyPic again... These photos looks small as...

Comment

Looks the goods mate!

Comment

That looks pretty interesting Paulie.

Comment

Your car looks amazing! Quality photos too!
              Any full car length pictures of your car with the new gurney flap? :O keen to see how it looks from a a distance away

Comment

Originally posted by BTA View Post
                Your car looks amazing! Quality photos too!
                Any full car length pictures of your car with the new gurney flap? :O keen to see how it looks from a a distance away
                Thanks man.

I haven't had a chance to take a full body shot of the car because I dun goofed and accidentally smashed the rear glass window while installing the Password:JDM Rear Wiper Delete, overtightened. Luckily, it was all held together by tint and I was able to get the car home and put a car cover on it until the glass dudes came and replaced the glass. Now I have to retint the rear window again...

I will post a full body shot of the car as soon as it stops freakin' raining and I get a chance to wash her. I've also got to include some engine bay shots because I've just put in some carbon goodies!

Comment

Big Update!

So this is basically the update I've been waiting for, for the last 2 years. Really, since I started modifying the car.

It all started years ago when I started looking at Rear Diffusers for DC5's. I found that I didn't have many choices and any choice I made would need modification to fit seeing as any USDM DC5 with a diffuser took theirs from an S2000.

So I got onto Top 1 Motors in the United States trying to get a hold of a rear diffuser, they are the only ones apart from RHD Japan that sell a diffuser ready to bolt-on to a DC5. After months of trying to get a quote, I gave up due to their lack of customer service and started looking at Spoon, J's Racing, and First Molding for a diffuser.

A genuine Spoon or J's Racing diffuser would have cost me an arm and a leg, the Spoon one looked way too aggressive on a DC5, whereas the J's Racing looked too weak for my liking. First Molding looked similar to J's Racing but was relatively cheaper. So my first instinct was to get a First Molding diffuser, but by this time, I was planning on buying wheels, so the diffuser project would be put on hold for another few months.

It was during this time that JDMYard became the official distributors for Top 1 Motors in the United States. I approached Yonas regarding the diffuser and told him I automatically called dibs on the very first one to arrive as they had a large Top 1 shipment on the way. I remember saying that I didn't care how much it was going to cost, it needed to be done and immediately put a deposit down. Then came all the long overdue replies from Top 1 Motors saying to contact JDMYard as they are the official distributors in Australia now. I just thought to myself... "Really? Now you guys reply?"

After months of pestering Yonas about the shipment, and bitching and moaning to everyone that I want my diffuser, it finally arrived this weekend past, and I got a message from Yonas telling me to come pick it up whenever I could. I was so freakin' excited, that as some of you know, I went to a wedding on Saturday morning, and bailed out right after the ceremony to pay JDMYard a visit to pay the rest of the diffuser off. It's a hell of a sight to see everyone in suits rocking up at JDMYard.

That brings us to today, I woke up a little late to a message from Yonas confirming if I was still coming in to get the work done as there was no way in hell I was going to DIY this. I made my way to JDMYard, and up she went onto the hoist for the final piece of her aesthetics.

The poor guys working on it had so much trouble, as Top 1 Motors had yet again screwed up and sent the wrong mounting brackets with the shipment which had taken months to get to Sydney via Sea. So what did they do?

They customized all the mounting and worked with what they had. It was excellent to watch all of it. The measuring, the careful planning of how it would work.

After about 4 hours, she came off the hoist. This is the final product.

All photos courtesy of John from JDMYard.

I was so pleased with how it turned out, I couldn't stop staring at it. I still can't. The JDMYard guys were also very happy with how it turned out, photos were taken, and we stared at it some more. I would've stayed there all day but I was hungry and had to get home to sleep before work at 6pm.

Big thanks to the JDMYard boys for all their hard work and for finally acquiring the final piece of the puzzle that is my car.

That is pretty much it, sorry for making you all go through that great wall of text.

In other news, I removed my gurney flap, and reinstalled it properly so the fitment is now correct. I also go a new front lip. I don't know if I've posted any pics of it, I only have one, and it's Samsung Galaxy Potato 3 quality.

It's a replica Chargespeed lip made for a 2006-2007 Subaru WRX STI. It has already been scraped all over the place, so I will be taking it off sooner or later to respray.

Anyway, thanks guys! Guess any update from now will be minor changes to the car, everything major has been completed!

Comment

Love it Paul!!

Time to track soon?
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

really digging the diffusers Paul! Looks so agressive, also something I'm considering in the near future

Comment

Nice paul! Looks sick!

Comment

Is your name Paul?
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                            Is your name Paul?
                            ^ would be interesting if its not hahahah
                            AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

That looks AWESOMEEE Paul!!
                              So much potential for my MR now! ))

Comment

Looks fucking awesome mate!

Comment

Working...
                                X