Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*New member* EG4B18CT

Hey guys and gals

My name is Aaron, just moved to Melbourne from Auckland NZ.

Been in the Honda scene on and off the track for over 10 years now, and owned a good collection of B series cars along the way...
    1989 DA6 XSI JDM
    1990 EF6 CRX PADDOCK BASHER
    1993 DC2 SI JDM X2
    1993 DC4 GSI NZDM
    1994 DC2 VTIR NZDM
    1995 EK4 SiR JDM
    1996 DC2 TYPE R JDM

I stil currently own a 1994 EG4 with a worked B18C Turbo making 400hpatw
    I purchased this civic in 2006 and it has been my project for the past 5 years, couldnt sell it when i moved here so its back in NZ collecting dust

Will have pics up soon....

Im keen to get into a bit of clubman circuit/hill climbs sprints etc over here so on the look out for a cheapish road/race car to keep me busy preferbly something running a B series.

So on the hunt for a car then il be out and about (my Nissan Tiida work car doesnt quite cut it for anything but commuting lol)
    Respect the boobaa

Do you have a track hack to sell me?

Heres some pics to start with....https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...Aa6wo0XjIOl1to
    Respect the boobaa

Comment

Welcome!

Boosted B18C? Your instantly my friend.

How was the build, i can't believe you were managing 400hp through a log style manifold. What did you build in the block? Lower compression? Turbo size? did it see track work? Intercooler/radiator setup is massive, so much room!

Most importantly, how does it compare to a N/A B18 (i think i know the answer)

21 questions... haha
      Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

It had a b16b block until it got too hot and cracked so it was replaced with a brand spanking new b18c1 block it runs a turbonetics t3/4 hybrid turbo , race bearings, block guard , JE pistons with crower rods, Skunk 2 inlet manifold, standard B16b cams,custom exhaust manifold, evo 1 550cc injectors, evo coil packs, link igniter pack, link ecu, turbosmart boost controller, sard fuel pressure reg, walbro 500hp fuel pump ,vtec turbo conversion head gasket from the states. Just off the top of my head... Its run 400hp atw on 16.5 lb then they banned av gas in nz for motorsport now its been tuned to 360hp atw in 15psi running pump gas.

---
        I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-37.720614,145.019029
        Respect the boobaa

Comment

Oh and you cant compare it to a n/a ive straight lined a GT3 porsche in it haha ive had it clocked on a radar doing 250km/h it helps that the 5th gear has been changed for long legs

---
          I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-37.720611,145.019047
          Respect the boobaa

Comment

why don't you bring her over here as a personal import? if you have owned the car overseas for 12 months it voids having to comply with SEVS (special enthusiast vehicle scheme) which pretty much dicks all of us that want something tasty (2007 STI RA-R)
            Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

Oh really thats interesting, it hasnt been on the rd since the late 90's so shes far from road worthy anyway. Itl prob cost too much to get it here then i have to buy another tow vehicle and poss another trailer.
              Think im just gonna buy something here thats road going partially modified that i can have some fun on the circuit with and drive home again hopefully.
              Respect the boobaa

Comment

Working...
              X