Stephen_AUS DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    That sucks man, it was the same thing with my dad when i started to mod his 4wd (i paid half) and with every part i bought he didnt appriciate it.

wait till you get your own car, you can mod it as much as you wish. the only problem you will have is money haha.

let dad do whatever he wants but try to convince him that it'll wear in, hpr labour costs are not cheap either man so that might put him off
    Yeah I know, he has already decided to get J's Racing Engine Mounts and he said he want's to fork out this time because he wants it ASAP. So we are ordering them on Monday from JDM Concept. And then it's waiting time from Japan. But there's one thing I am trying to convince him to buy, a J's Racing Ti 70RR Exhaust System and J's Racing Stainless Header Thermal Wrapped. Just a little modification needed and it's sweet to go. I'm hoping the guy still has it!

Comment

Big jump from OEM to 70. 60 or 62a would be a nice enough upgrade. But oh well......cant change a mans mind once his set on it.

Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
        Big jump from OEM to 70. 60 or 62a would be a nice enough upgrade. But oh well......cant change a mans mind once his set on it.

Norm
        Yep, well J's Racing is 20% harder than OEM, so it's has effect. But one thing I don't know is the OEM hardness, I'm guessing something like 35/40 ? But yeah, OEM to 70A is sure a big jump! I would highly recommend 62A unless you need it for tracking. Seriously, Dad keeps complaining everyday and never ending conversation about the same thing and girlfriend keeps telling me to fix it LOL

Comment

SSSOOO... how much you selling them for?

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
            SSSOOO... how much you selling them for?
            Discuss on Facebook.

Comment

So another update, I've ordered the J's Racing Engine Mounts from Japan and is due to arrive in 2 weeks. Yesterday I advertised my old rep wheels and today I sold them for $350 since I wanted them gone, forever ! And also basically sold the Hasport 70a to Robi, just waiting on new mounts to arrive, then I can swap and hand them down to Robi.

Now another issue, RPF1's lug nut seating, I see I have the same issue as Steve had with his RPF1 and how due to the angle of the nuts, it chewed into the original seating of the RPF1 making it more angled, basically the same issue as Stevan. Is this normal or do I need to get better lug nuts and what would be recommended ?

Comment

I've got Rays Wheel nuts on my car. You can test fit one of these if you want to see how they fit.

We can either do this at the JDMst meet next week, or when I get the mounts off you. Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                  I've got Rays Wheel nuts on my car. You can test fit one of these if you want to see how they fit.

We can either do this at the JDMst meet next week, or when I get the mounts off you. Let me know.
                  Ah thanks that be great! Any time would be fine, probably sooner the better so I can go ahead and order new nuts when I know which ones would suit.

Comment

Just get some steel nuts from ebay imo, alloy nuts strip far too easy for my liking tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_foy View Post
                      Just get some steel nuts from ebay imo, alloy nuts strip far too easy for my liking tbh.
                      I have steel nuts on my car now, the only problem is that because steel is harder than aluminium, it eats into the seating. Thats why firstly I need aluminium nuts and something that wont eat into the seating.

Comment

Aluminium nuts do strip really easy (that's why the Blox ones are no longer on my car).. But they have their advantages too I guess... They are best put on/off with a rattle gun

Comment

Endless CC-A Rear Brake Pads Installed @ 143000 km

So today I decided that I need new rear brake pads and went out to Centrax Performance to pick up a set of Endless CC-A Rear Brake Pads. I gotta tell you, these pads are hell expensive but considering they are made from carbon ceramic metal, the quality and durability is at race level. And since I had heaps of time on hand, I ended up installing them today. My first time installing brake pads, thought it would be easy but ended up in a mess and just guessed what to do LOL.

You can see how much has went through and this is only the outside pad, inside pad is 2 times much worse.

Thats how it basically looks like, nothing really special.

I didn't end up bleeding them properly since I didn't know how to. Tomorrow night Dad is helping me out with bleeding all brakes. Just to make sure, since the pads are new, the piston doesn't sit flush onto the pad, is it because it hasn't worn in yet or is there something wrong ? But yeah, front pads will be coming from Japan since they are cheaper than Centrax and prepared to wait around 2 weeks for them. Only needed to get these ASAP since the rears were totally had it.
                          Last edited by Stephen_AUS; 09-02-12, 08:19 PM.

Comment

nice, pics mate!
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                              nice, pics mate!
                              LOL just updated with pics just then.

Comment

So today I gave the car tlc by giving it a full wash down and interior clean. Then slapped on my ClubITR stickers I received from Felix a while ago LOL, I didn't really slap them on.

So here we have the stickers.

Measuring up the JDMST sticker.

Measuring up the ClubITR stickers.

Gotta love that precision, when I do things, I do shit with precision.

End result, I'm lovin it !

Comment

Working...
                                X