No announcement yet.

Stephen_AUS DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never heard that you could get defected for rolling guards? Doesn't sound right...

Comment

Originally posted by Symphorced View Post
      I've never heard that you could get defected for rolling guards? Doesn't sound right...
      I've heard things about people getting done for rolled guards but I highly doubt it. All your just doing is modifying the body, its like having a body kit on the car. It also didn't sound right to me either, but just want to get you guys opinion on this.

Comment

Yeah that's weird. I would personally just roll the guards.
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

You won't get defected for rolled guards

You won't chew through tyres if you have heaps of camber on the rear.

SSSOOOO...

Roll the guards and get camber arms. Because when you lower the car, you'll get "natural" camber, and you want the tyre to be as close to the guard as possible if you want to get the "fitment" look.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
            You won't get defected for rolled guards

You won't chew through tyres if you have heaps of camber on the rear.

SSSOOOO...

Roll the guards and get camber arms. Because when you lower the car, you'll get "natural" camber, and you want the tyre to be as close to the guard as possible if you want to get the "fitment" look.
            Aiight, I have decided what to do now! Roll guards, get camber arms, lower the car and go in the workshop for an alignment But atm my wheel is sticking out past the guard which is illegal, so thinking about it I will need camber arms so I don't get cop trouble.

Oh and also when adjusting the height of the rear coilovers (Buddyclub N+), to lower it, do you need to take the whole coil out to adjust and put it back in place ? Because today I was adjusting the heights of the coils but when I got to the rear, I thought it would have been the same as the front. What I tried today was loosen up the inner perch (holds the shock body to the cylinder), and undid the bolt that holds the coil to the arm but what happened, since there was load on the coil, it sprung down about 3cm. I didn't have much time since I had guests that came over so I just got the jack and jacked it up until I was able to get the bolt in. I didn't have enough time to think about it and finish it up today but since it's not getting adjusted till tomorrow arvo I thought I'd put this up and get your guys say on how to do it properly.

Basically what I'm going to do next time is take the coil out, adjust it to appropriate height and put it back in. Also do I need to adjust coil load or should it be right ? Idk aye, such a rookie and unsure what to do. I'll stop talking otherwise it turns into a report soon LOL

Comment

yeah mate it can be done on the car but is easier if you take the coil out,
              its hard to explain without pictures but loosen and drop the 2 perches towards the bottom, you can take them right off and that will then let you take the spring off which gives you a better shot at getting the spanners on to adjust the 2 threaded bodys, ones black ones shiny i think,
              measure your hight before and wind them in untill you've taken up the amount of drop your after,
              put the spring and perches back on and tighten till spring is snug, do not preload the spring, jam it back in the car

maybe you should check out crsx there is some diy threads with pictures there which might be a big help when you doing it for your first time, there a pain in the ass but once you know what you doing its not such a big job
              02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

So this is where your build thread is hiding knew there had to be one somewhere lol

Looking good man, love it on those RPF1's

Can't wait to see this again soon

Comment

So I got the engine mounts in, but now I am in the decision of selling this car and upgrading to a S2000 with a widebody Amuse GT1 Kit. Even though the car is older, but I see more potential from a S2000 than a DC5R, if not that then it would be a very low km White DC5R or the new FT86. What do you guys think ?

Comment

Well as long as you continue to post your build threads here.. I'm OK with the S2000 lol

I actually wouldn't mind an FT86/BRZ too but I have no plans to buy one.
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

I'd keep my honda or s2000. Their not in production line anymore. Especially the DC5R's and DC2R's. They'll be like antique!...

Comment

Where did u find a low km dc5r in white =O?!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
                          So I got the engine mounts in, but now I am in the decision of selling this car and upgrading to a S2000 with a widebody Amuse GT1 Kit. Even though the car is older, but I see more potential from a S2000 than a DC5R, if not that then it would be a very low km White DC5R or the new FT86. What do you guys think ?
                          is that the yellow s2000? chrome rims?
                          Moiz
                          無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Originally posted by DC2-PWR View Post
                            is that the yellow s2000? chrome rims?
                            Yeah, I'm thinking about it, but I think that has a replica amuse kit. I've seen on forums that people have made carbon or fibreglass reps of them, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a rep. But at this stage, if I can sell the car, then I will. If I can't or decide to go on with the build up then be keen to see more mods. It's just thoughts at this stage, considering all the time and thinking the cost as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanskies View Post
                              Where did u find a low km dc5r in white =O?!
                              There was one recently just sold, under 50k km 2004 white immacullateee! You just need to be patient and be keen. But I know these days it is hard to get low km DC5R, unless personal import!

Comment

was that the one in syd? was watching that for ages waiting for my car to sell first and then the day it sold i was like ...........

Comment

Working...
                                X