Buying HIFI equipment from the US or Anywhere else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying HIFI equipment from the US or Anywhere else

I'm going to throw this out there and see if anyone has done it yet.

I know you can get heavy ass tyres shipped here from the US for roughly $200 - $300 USD as tirerack as great deals with fedex.

Does anyone know of any online hifi dealers that deal with the higher quality hifi speakers and recievers that will ship for similar prices to Aus ?

I'm trying to track down som quality KEF speakers, and just can't understand why were paying triple the price.
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

I usually order my gizmo's from Fry's, prices are good, shipping is cheap. Never imported speakers from them before, so can't help you there.

Shoot them an email, I would think being an authorized KEF distributor, should be able to look after you relatively well.

Comment

Thanks I'll give them a shot
      /Oo ___H___ oO\
      |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

What KEF's are you looking at? I'm not up with current models but I've listened to a few over the years.
        | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

I still have to and audition them.

But I was looking at the KEF IQ70's as eastwood hifi seemed to have a set at a decent price.

Doesn't really look like anyone can ship speakers from the US, so i'll just search locally for some at a decent price.

I wanna get something that will last a while, decent quality. So still doing some research.

I really just don't get why were charged so much for everything here, mark-ups are just huge in this country.
          /Oo ___H___ oO\
          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Working...
          X