Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advices before going China

Hi guys,

I'm going to Shanghai next week. Gonna be there for like 6 weeks.

I just want to ask are there anyone here from Shanghai or have ever been there? Do they have car parts shop like in HongKong, and cheap price as HongKong? I'm hoping I can get some new stuff for my car.

Big thnx if you can give the address of the shop

And also I'm looking to buy a video camera (just a handy one, not professional). Would you suggest me to get duty free here or get it in Shanghai? Is it cheaper in Shanghai?

Thnx guys, and have fun in Australia . Anyone here come to Winton next month?

try bargining on everything you buy from now on. I dont care if its maccas or kfc. Bargin.

You will be ready for china after a week of that.

Have a safe trip

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
      I dont care if its maccas or kfc. Bargin
      lol that would be funny to watch
      Naruto_RSX:Is that your best price for that Big mac meal
      Maccas Pimply staff member: Yes
      Narurto_RSX: you rekon you can do free upgrade.
      Maccas Pimply staff member: NO.
      Naruto_RSX: oh ok i think i'll shop around

Comment

^
        Lol

Comment

practice your squatting

z10 says:
          i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
          z10 says:
          mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

thnx for all ur advices

How about the car parts shop? Anyone know if there are in Shanghai?

Comment

no as I know of....its not that popular atm.....but you may be lucky to come across one or 2....there are some other citys near hk have a few car parts shop........good luck for parts hunting...and have a good trip...
              Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
              1)ブレーキを踏む
              2)クラッチを切る
              3)シフトダウンしなから、
                アクセルをぶかす
              4)クラッチをつなぐ
              :blah:
              インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
              人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Too right about bargaining. When i was there with my parents, we are interested in getting those chinese style tissue box cover. They are trying to sell for $30 for one, but we overheard some other shop owners' conversation which reveal the cost price of those is only $1 for each. Hence, when bargaining in China, don't feel bad being a low baller. They will always made alot of money out of it.

In China, LOW BALLER = WINNER (Sorry, i'm not encouraging low baller behaviour in Aus Car buying as that deserves a beatup)

Also, for car parts, if you drive a VW, you should be able to get aftermarket parts as China manufacture VW (70% of the cars you see in Shanghai is VW anyway) For JDM parts....forget it, but HK is a much better place for jdm.
                For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
                  practice your squatting

That was going to be my advice...
                  Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

yeah......squatting

and dont forget ur own toilet paper.....
                    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

integra parts are very rare in china, most car parts shops are located in GZ, and shun de.

more advise....only exchange RMB from banks, and the way to tell fake RMB is rubbing you thumb on the guys shirt, rub it on the collar, and if you feel the ripples then it's real money. you will see ppl rubbing on the collar when you buy stuff. they have alot of fake money, from $10 to $100.

and try make your self look as poor as you can.

call all female lang lui, it's considered polite there.

i wouldn't get any electronics in china, i'd get it from hk cos you know it's legit, similar priced, bigger range to choose from.

AND TAKE PICS OF CUTE GIRLS YOU SEE AND POST THEM HERE!!!!

and try not to get aids there!!!

z10 says:
                      z10 says:

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                        lol that would be funny to watch
                        Naruto_RSX:Is that your best price for that Big mac meal
                        Maccas Pimply staff member: Yes
                        Narurto_RSX: you rekon you can do free upgrade.
                        Maccas Pimply staff member: NO.
                        Naruto_RSX: oh ok i think i'll shop around

Can you please price match the cabra maccas please. They had special deal there i want 10% chopped off ontop of that thanks

Comment

Quite dissapointed about the parts... Anyway I'll still hunt for some. thnx for all the advice.

So in CHina we bargain everywhere yeh? Even in the big Shopping Centre, Does it exclude Gucci, LV, Armani shops LOL? Or Bargain there as well .

Sure,I'll take foto of the girls, wish i got a professional camera, the girls will be happier for me to take foto of them. Anyone want to sell their SLR camera?

Comment

i would say maybe watch what you eat food will be nice but there are some dogdy food

Comment

Originally posted by naruto_rsx View Post
                              Quite dissapointed about the parts... Anyway I'll still hunt for some. thnx for all the advice.

So in CHina we bargain everywhere yeh? Even in the big Shopping Centre, Does it exclude Gucci, LV, Armani shops LOL? Or Bargain there as well .

Sure,I'll take foto of the girls, wish i got a professional camera, the girls will be happier for me to take foto of them. Anyone want to sell their SLR camera?
                              actually...if the girls see you taking pic of them they'll chase you down the street and throw dim sim at you LOL

i dont think you can find any GUCCI LV shops....theres plenty of replica shops lol but not the genuine

z10 says:
                              z10 says:

Comment

Working...
                              X