Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to do in Japan

Hey,

I'm heading to Japan Jan 2011 and looking for stuff to book and do over there, more importantly looking for automotive things to do.

I want to visit Toyota/Honda/Spoon/Mugen but need info on where to find them, and if its worth going there. I havent google'd it yet as i just got approved my leave and booked flights.

Also looking at getting some track time over there in a rent-a-car type event if possible.

Thx in adv.
    sigpic

I went to the Toyota factory tour last year
    was a very good experience except a little trouble to get there on time

you can book the tour here:
    http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/about_toy...our/index.html
    Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

If you play your trip at the right time, the Tokyo Auto Salon will be on in January if i'm not mistaken.

Comment

Seeker/Spoon/Type ONE/FEELS Honda Twincam are all in one suburb

Mugen is a little further away and will require a short taxi ride

Crystal, Upgarade and Superautobacs is always nice to visit if you are looking for parts to bring back but are quite far in Tokyo Bay and Chiba District.

I managed to find all these places with google maps Japan with some help from the hotel staff.

Comment

If you go to Tokyo Bay Autobacs, don't go expecting to find Honda bits (besides gear knobs and little things) cause you won't. They're a Subaru supporter. Was good though, lots of magazines like HyperRev, Brides and Recaros to try... spent way too much money there. Definitely worth checking out!

Crystal in Chiba was a real hike to get to and had nothing in stock for Honda except a cusco front strut brace. Problem is most things are to order. Had an awesome display of rims though! It's an awesome show room if you just want to browse, but you need to take a non-JR line and a monorail to get there.

Comment

Didn’t really think of buying anything, checking them onto a plane will be more exi then getting a courier wouldn’t it?

I just want to visit and take some photos, maybe buy from memorabilia.

Thx for the tips, Ill be heading to the snows then Osaka then Tokyo, ill have to Google these places.

Sux, SuperGT hasnt started in Jan ><!
            sigpic

Comment

You can buy me stuff for my car. Now that's something awesome to do!
              Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #008

Comment

Just a heads up when asking for directions, the Jap people are pretty clueless so try to ask police officers or delivery guys for directions

Took us like 3 hours to walk around and find the Spoon factory because people kept giving us bad directions even though we were only down the road from it in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Rixsy View Post
                  Just a heads up when asking for directions, the Jap people are pretty clueless so try to ask police officers or delivery guys for directions

Took us like 3 hours to walk around and find the Spoon factory because people kept giving us bad directions even though we were only down the road from it in the end.
                  And 3 hours to find a steak place haha

Comment

When abouts in Jan are you going? If around the middle, definitely try and book in a day or so to check out Tokyo Autosalon. It'd be a sin if you were there and didn't make the effort!
                    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Jan 10 to 25.

Will look into it... thx for the advice.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zakarados View Post
                        Jan 10 to 25.

Will look into it... thx for the advice.
                        perfect

http://www.e-autosalon.net/tokyo/eng...ine/index.html

Comment

Toyota Megaweb in Odaiba, make sure you head into the shopping centre next to it, I think its call Fortruss or something, the Toyota History Garage is in there, which is pretty cool to check out.

Comment

if spoon/type 1 and feels are in one suburb which suburb may that be ? or location im going in two weeks time and abit clueless on what to do =/

Comment

w00t! thx for the link, damn, im ganna be in osaka at this time, 4 hour train ride to tokyo it is!!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X