Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good bye ClubITR

Hey guys,

As some of you know I had a run in with the cops. After recently resigning from my job my luck couldn't get any better! My misfortune with the police left me with a "yellow canary" which required full inspection at HVIS (which is a full inspection at the pits). I've been to Orange Grove KK's so many times in the past 4 years on weekdays near closing time and I've never encountered any police, just bad timing I guess!

I've had the car for over 4 years and I've had some ups and downs with the occasional hiccup but it has been a fun 4 years. I've met some awesome people during my time at ClubITR and amongst the other forums. There just seems like a lot of hassle for me to pass a full inspection considering i'll need to go through emissions, etc. I've sold my car to a good friend of my at an undisclosed price!

At this stage in time I'm not going to be buying another sports car considering the circumstances that the government is cracking down on modified cars! I'll still be hovering around on this forum tho!

I hope all you guys the best with your ITR's and wish the club its best. It's been an enjoyable time at ClubITR! I'll still be hovering around on this forum tho like all our ex-members!

I think it's freaking bullshit that this publicity stunt codenamed Taipan by the NSW Police is taking responsible people like Trevor out of the community. Nothing good will come from their crackdown. It's merely a show of force and a political stunt to make it look as though they're doing something against hoons. Why does a modified car symbolize a hoon? Today I was tailgated by a Camry, cut off by a Corolla and overtaken in the poruing rain by a girl in a Barina. The driving from these people is far more wreckless than having aftermarket parts fitted to a car. I know for a fact that Trev's car was a properly engineered and well built car. The same level of care and maturity cannot be seen by everyday drivers on the roads, yet tuners get the rough end of the stick.

Catch you later mate and all the best.

Comment

RIP brother.

Comment

cya bro, even though i dont know you im sure we both had the same passion for honda's as much as everyone else on this forum.

on another note. I too was at KK at livo cops came and disrespected my friends and i.

they didnt bother looking at my car only the evo's and sti's.

stock looking honda ftw!

take care
        Blaze Orange

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
          I think it's freaking bullshit that this publicity stunt codenamed Taipan by the NSW Police is taking responsible people like Trevor out of the community. Nothing good will come from their crackdown. It's merely a show of force and a political stunt to make it look as though they're doing something against hoons. Why does a modified car symbolize a hoon? Today I was tailgated by a Camry, cut off by a Corolla and overtaken in the poruing rain by a girl in a Barina. The driving from these people is far more wreckless than having aftermarket parts fitted to a car. I know for a fact that Trev's car was a properly engineered and well built car. The same level of care and maturity cannot be seen by everyday drivers on the roads, yet tuners get the rough end of the stick.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Same shit happened to me yesterday. Very rarely do I see people in tuned cars breaking road rules.
          /Oo ___H___ oO\
          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Well said m0nty... Very well spoken.. Didn't know you mate but seems like you just copt it pretty bad and you seemed on the innocent side.
            Agreed with above, people who work there cars are generally the ones who don't break the rules but yeha.
            You will be missed mate.

Comment

The sarg didn't care if my car was engineered and just waved my papers around like nothing.

He first ticked minor, which requires an AUVIS (blue slip), then he changed his mind and made it a major defect which requires a full inspection through HVIS.

I drove into the car park and I was looking for a spot when I was pulled over. I didn't even get to buy any donuts, I got sent home straight away.

Comment

Originally posted by SPL_K View Post
                The sarg didn't care if my car was engineered and just waved my papers around like nothing.
                That is stupid.. engineered for nothing

Really sux to see this happen to a fellow car enthusiast
                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Far out! Saw your car the first time in SL and thought it looked so clean! Its a low key looking car compared to heaps of other cars on the road. Why would they bother picking on you?

It was great to meet you at SL but sad to hear this happen to your car.

Comment

hey i dont know you but i feel really sad you have to say good bye to your car...ive never really had any bad incidents with the police yet but ive heard stories about them taking your car to the pits...how bad is it? is it expensive to clear all defects? but anyway ive seen pictures of your car and it looks hot and the number plates couldnt be any more subtle if i could afford them i would take em haha but yeah what monty said....

Comment

it's stories like this that i'm happy i am living in NSW........

feel bad for you but your car doesn't know too "modded" from the outside except maybe ride height?

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post

Absolutely, and this idea that modifying a car automatically makes it more dangerous is completely ludicrous. This kind of backward thinking by our nations political parties is what makes me hate Australia (and yes, I was born here and have been here my whole life).
                        sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                          It was great to meet you at SL but sad to hear this happen to your car.
                          different car i think!

It's been an enjoyable time at ClubITR!
                          yeah, thanks for all your help in organising the BBQ's Trev

your car will be missed

but i am sure you will not be without a 'performance car' of some kind for long...
                          ... retired/

Comment

Sad times Trev. Good to finally meet you face to face at Superlap, and your car looked really clean from the great distance I saw it from. Be good.

Comment

was Trev at superlap?

damn, didn't see him
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X