Importing kpro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing kpro

has anyone here imported it in from the states.

do you know how much in customs fees you had to pay??

thought it works by you having to send them your ecu + other items and tell them what u want and they set it for u and send it back.

which is why they cost alot less because you are trading/converting your own ecu to a hondata rather than having another complete ecu unit extra like say if u bought it from urbanracer.com(in the FS thread) for 1500.
    Last edited by jj17; 11-04-10, 01:17 PM.
    bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Its only an ECU, There should be no customs fees at all. They don't even know what Kpro is.
      The value of an ecu is so small, they won't even bother with any fees at all IMO.

Comment

Basic rule with importing.
        If its under AUD$1000, you wont have to pay duties and taxes
        DylanR
        2002 Integra TypeR
        Perth,WA

Comment

Since its using USD, the value of item will be determined by the exchange rate supplied from ATO at the time of shipment. This value does not include shipping.

Lets say you bought this KPro at $900USD, at time of purchase $1AUD = $1USD
          but at time of shipment, which is say.. a week later, the AUD gets weaker at $1AUD = $1.2USD.

this item value becomes $1080AUD. you will get taxed.

but if it was shipped on the same day you bought it (value of item is $900AUD), you wont get taxed.

That's what I've learned first hand from calling ATO because my item was considered at above $1000AUD, but I was able to prove that without shipping and currency exchange at time of shipment, item value was $996 something and my item was released from custom.

Proof I had to provide was time of shipment by using tracking number and invoice, shipping cost was also through invoice.

Hope that helps.
          Last edited by hello; 07-07-10, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hello View Post
            Since its using USD, the value of item will be determined by the exchange rate supplied from ATO at the time of shipment. This value does not include shipping.

Lets say you bought this KPro at $900USD, at time of purchase $1AUD = $1USD
            but at time of shipment, which is say.. a week later, the AUD gets weaker at $1AUD = $1.2USD.

this item value becomes $1080AUD. you will get taxed.

but if it was shipped on the same day you bought it (value of item is $900AUD), you wont get taxed.

That's what I've learned first hand from calling ATO because my item was considered at above $1000AUD, but I was able to prove that without shipping and currency exchange at time of shipment, item value was $996 something and my item was released from custom.

Proof I had to provide was time of shipment by using tracking number and invoice, shipping cost was also through invoice.

Hope that helps.
            here si more details:

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5549.asp
            ... retired/

Comment

Working...
            X