Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found my ideal new house

I have just found the ideal house...

My wife wants to get a new house this year, and although this is not for sale, the current owner is about 73, so its only a matter of time haha

google maps gosford

Who would have thought there was a 4.4klm private racetrack near Gosford??

Dean Wills, ex-CEO of Coca Cola Amatil owns this place, and he had the place built a number of years ago when he owned a Mclaren F1.. among a number of other cool cars

There have been a few secret track days held, and Circuit Club will hold 2 days there this year!

So now, i NEED to win Lotto! as this would be my retirement dream!!

I wonder what will happen though as due to noise issues maybe the neighbors will start to complain more, he might need to buy a few of them off/out haha I am sure he has some nice pension money stacked away

Cheers

TseesinnGwailo

We're using this track for Circuit Club this year. The old owner was the CEO of Coca Cola Amatil. Everyone knows about it, just never knew it's real location until Google maps came along.

It's a very narrow circuit and has 45 degree banks around the outside to prevent noise escaping the area. It's definitely not in your best interests to come off the track. I've got a few pictures from a day last year I'll post up.

Comment

What kind of track times would you expect for a Type R DC2 ? and the cost of the day? I would like to try and get to this one

Comment

would like to see the actual pics of the track
        or even in-car video
        Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

same here man, looks good from far

Comment

These are the only pics I've got that show the track.

Comment

Peats Ridge!
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

nice

could held a togue battle there
                Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                  We're using this track for Circuit Club this year. The old owner was the CEO of Coca Cola Amatil. Everyone knows about it, just never knew it's real location until Google maps came along.

It's a very narrow circuit and has 45 degree banks around the outside to prevent noise escaping the area. It's definitely not in your best interests to come off the track. I've got a few pictures from a day last year I'll post up.
                  I have heard rumors that it had changed hands, but property ownership records still say Deans company.

There was a comprehensive thread on Skylines Australia about it that has now been deleted (RIP ) at the request from the owners son on behalf of the owner.

It is legally classified as a 'private road' and not a track, this is the only way it was allowed through local government. You will notice it has signage for corners and the like, this was enforced because the council thought if the public were to gain access (highly, HIGHLY unlikely), they could think its just another normal road.

You would not want to come off on this road.

Below is a picture approved by the owners to be used for displaying.

Pic thanks to Cel from Aussie Exotics.

Once again, it is private property, and I would suggest noone goes to visit, you would not be met with welcome arms.

If you were to be bored, a quick search or two would reveal why he had the road built in the first place.

And just FYI for thread starter, it's not his house.
                  Last edited by hydie; 03-02-10, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X