Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended Suppliers for Swaybars?

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to get a rear and front swaybar for the DC5S.

Had a look around and and found publicly available shipped prices (each) to Melbourne

$300 - Whiteline 24mm adjustable direct from Whiteline
    $420 - Cusco 25mm adjustable from On The Run and 999 Automotive

I don't mind paying that sort of money but before I actually put the order in Just wondering whether anyone knows of any cheaper suppliers?

I'm not really considering "other" brands like Ultra Racing (Malaysia) or Summit (Taiwan) as no one seems to know about the products...

Cheers

is that $300 for both front and reaR?
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

www.perfectrun.com
      www.nengun.com?
      www.jdmyard.com
      www.jdmconcept.com
      '03 Integra DC5 Type R
      Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
      Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
      Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

Add .au to JDM Concept... or click my sig.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Cusco front sway bar is for the JDM DC5R. As they run different suspension (Arms, brakes etc), I don't think it'll fit on a AUDM DC5R.

Comment

Correct. You'd have to get EP3 sway bars to suit the AUDM Integra. There's nowhere near the same choice as DC5.

Comment

Also planning to get one for my DC5R, ne particular brand i should go for?

Comment

whiteline is good stuff and not over expensive

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
                  whiteline is good stuff and not over expensive
                  Whiteline have a hit and miss record based on opinions on these forums.

There aren't many options for the AUDM front end geometry though. You have many more better options when you "upgrade" to JDM front end suspension. Then you can choose from Cusco, Mugen, Swift. The latter two will cost you over $1,500 though.

Comment

Mugen make 3 different stiffnesses for the front and 2 different rears, and if you have more money and need more adjustability with a bonus of lighter weight then ASR make a speedway style bar for the rear. Seems like heaps of choice to me . Those would be my choices.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Sorry i didnt reply earlier but i cant due to the bug with thsi forum that requires me to log back into my "registration email" everytime before i logon here. Stupid.

Anyway thank you as I didnt know JDM front swaybars dont fit my car. I have "upgraded" to a set of Tein Basic Coilovers so wondering whether that makes a difference?

Whiteline assures me that their front sway fits the AUDM DC5s, so i might go front 24mm whiteline, back 25mm cusco.

Comment

is it true when doing a sway bar on a fwd car the most benefit is to do the rear one first ?

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
                          is it true when doing a sway bar on a fwd car the most benefit is to do the rear one first ?
                          If the car has understeer properties, then yes. Upgrading rear eases understeer/induces oversteer. and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                            Mugen make 3 different stiffnesses for the front and 2 different rears, and if you have more money and need more adjustability with a bonus of lighter weight then ASR make a speedway style bar for the rear. Seems like heaps of choice to me . Those would be my choices.
                            For the rear yes, there are plenty of options. I wasn't aware that Mugen supported the EP3 so well. They have three choices for EP3 front?

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                              For the rear yes, there are plenty of options. I wasn't aware that Mugen supported the EP3 so well. They have three choices for EP3 front?
                              The Japanese Mugen site is pretty hard to navigate and doesn't list all their gear from what I can tell. King Motorsports show 3 different front sway bars for the EP3/RSX. THIS link might work.

Comment

Working...
                              X