best chicken rice in melb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best chicken rice in melb?

well im moving to melbourne next week.. really gonna miss perth and i love my food.. so cant wait to explore the food in melbourne!!!

my question to melb people is.. where is the best chicken rice? any recommendations? a few shops in perth have closed down lately and some of the others have really disappointed me so im dying for a really good chicken rice

Whats chicken rice? rice with chicken in it? are you sure you dont mean safron rice?

Comment

haha... its a dish common in singapore/malaysia.

theres a few places you can try urbanracer...

If you're in the city, theres chomp chomp on bourke st (near the corner of russell st.) Not too bad, but standard can drop from time to time.

or in the QV food court, theres a place called EZpot... or ECpot
      there do pretty decent claypot dishes, and a good chicken rice.

theres still quite a few other places if u want to venture outwards to the suburbs... i.e. in boxhill, glen waverly, or even old raffles place on johnstone st... i'm getting carried away

let me know if u want know more

Comment

Originally posted by quenjose View Post
        haha... its a dish common in singapore/malaysia.

theres a few places you can try urbanracer...

If you're in the city, theres chomp chomp on bourke st (near the corner of russell st.) Not too bad, but standard can drop from time to time.

or in the QV food court, theres a place called EZpot... or ECpot
        there do pretty decent claypot dishes, and a good chicken rice.

theres still quite a few other places if u want to venture outwards to the suburbs... i.e. in boxhill, glen waverly, or even old raffles place on johnstone st... i'm getting carried away

let me know if u want know more
        Mmmmm now im hungry!

Comment

near my place - clayton kotaraya.. very nice chicken rice every sat and sun lunch!!!
          - Project R -

Comment

type S tony: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainanese_chicken_rice

f**k, im getting hungry just thinking about it..... they closed down my favourite chicken rice place in Perth and the 2nd best one has been closed for a month cas the owner is on holiday. all the others suck big time in Perth. Can't wait til melbourne to try some of those places!!

Comment

$5.90 chicken rice at box hill 109 last stop cafe =)

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
                near my place - clayton kotaraya.. very nice chicken rice every sat and sun lunch!!!
                damn! i've heard alot about this place... that even the rendang is top notch.
                gonna check it out this weekend!! slurp!

Comment

damn! i've heard alot about this place... that even the rendang is top notch.
                  gonna check it out this weekend!! slurp!
                  I usually order 2 roast chicken rice whenever i go there.. 1 simply isnt enough.. the spicy fried noodle is good too

for rendang or any other authentic indonesian food, go to bamboe at warrigal road, in front of the holmesglen tafe..
                  - Project R -

Comment

I usually order 2 roast chicken rice whenever i go there.. 1 simply isnt enough.. the spicy fried noodle is good too

for rendang or any other authentic indonesian food, go to bamboe at warrigal road, in front of the holmesglen tafe..
                    awesome! pig out time!

i go to the korean place a couple of doors down from bamboe... but i havent actually tried it yet. Will give it a go next time i head down there.

I usually get my rendang / indo fix from indosari on glen huntly rd... its good!
                    Last edited by quenjose; 27-11-09, 11:52 AM.

Comment

awesome! pig out time!

i go to the korean place a couple of doors down from bamboe... but i havent actually tried it yet. Will go it a go next time i head down there.

I usually get my rendang / indo fix from indosari on glen huntly rd... its good!
                      Hahaha.. you know your food my friend!! indo sari is pretty good too..
                      Blok M is more authentic, but seems to be a little bit dirty so i dont really wanna go there if there are other options.. bamboe has a lot of variety.. i often go there.. i will be there quite often again since my gf is away and noone is preparing food for me..
                      - Project R -

Comment

Hahaha.. you know your food my friend!! indo sari is pretty good too..
                        Blok M is more authentic, but seems to be a little bit dirty so i dont really wanna go there if there are other options.. bamboe has a lot of variety.. i often go there.. i will be there quite often again since my gf is away and noone is preparing food for me..
                        yes, i'm quite the crazy foodie! haha!!

But its great to share new finds!

wow! i used to go to Blok M in my uni days.... damn those were the days.
                        Food was good too, especially anything that was goreng-ed. What put me off going there was the constant waiting, was like donkey years for that fried fish to finally arrive at the table...

Comment

bamboe has a lot of variety.. i often go there.. i will be there quite often again since my gf is away and noone is preparing food for me..
                          i'm at the korean place at least once a week... so next time if u see a MR dc2r stopping by for a feed... say hello

Comment

Theres a place near opposite doncaster shoppingtown on Doncaster Rd, next to the Chemist Warehouse.

That place is family owned and is AWESOME

Comment

Originally posted by **Ghost** View Post
                              Theres a place near opposite doncaster shoppingtown on Doncaster Rd, next to the Chemist Warehouse.

That place is family owned and is AWESOME
                              Straits. Yes that place owns.

Comment

Working...
                              X