Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance

hey peers!

Just wondering if a car hits you and its not your fault but your car is modified but it is legal do they replace your car with the same modification or how does it work? Just curious

If your car is insured and legal then I don't see why you wouldn't have the parts replaced with what you had damaged. Sometimes parts aren't made anymore or are difficult to source so you have to think of that as well..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

yeah true! thanks for that! just made me think as I saw a skyline smacked in the rear and it didn't look pretty.... thanks for the info

Comment

I had a friend who was in an accident and had the limited edition Buddyclub SF's that were black + red lip. Insurance couldn't find them to replace so they had to be replaced with normal black ones. Guess that's what happens if you have hard to source parts.

Comment

i'm sure it'll be replaced so long as the part is listed in the policy...

Comment

Normally you'd get back what was damaged...

Comment

As long as your insurance policy has been noted that these mod's has been added to your policy. You should be ok. But if its a phased out parts then there might be a problem for insurance company to source parts.

Comment

I think another part of the question is since the other person is at fault, does the other insurance company have to replace the parts, because as they are at fault isn't whether or not you have your parts insured is irrelevant?

Comment

No...you need to have ur parts listed in your policy in order to claim back that item. Also if the parts is a discontinue item, if you have the receipt of the item and they can't find it. They can pay back with $$ instead of the item. The other insurance company only pay ur insurance company for the parts. Ur insurance source the parts for you.
                  Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                  1)ブレーキを踏む
                  2)クラッチを切る
                  3)シフトダウンしなから、
                    アクセルをぶかす
                  4)クラッチをつなぐ
                  :blah:
                  インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                  人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Working...
                  X