Selling car RWC check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling car RWC check

I'm wondering if when you get a RWC cert when selling a car, do they only check the mechanical things or do they check everything? I'm going to try and get one this week for my car but I am worried about the height of my exhaust which is pushing 10cm. (Was higher than 10cm but when I had a new resonator put in I think the changed the flange which made it just or just below 10cm) Just wondering if I should try and modify it before I take it in since I don't have time to take it in for RWC twice or if I might be ok/they can fix it when checking the car.

all they do is a safety check...lights ...seat belts ..demister...front end movement and tires...they dont often pick on height...it all depends on where ya go really

Comment

it depends on who u go to. there was this place that was anal about absolutely everything. made me change engine mount, bushes of all sorts, shocks, etc etc.. wouldve cost me $2k to get him to do it. in the end, i did all the work myself for $500, and took it back for the RWCert.

my other car, i went to another guy, i didnt know at the time btu the shocks were blown, but he didnt bother to pick it up. Only thing was worn brake pedal cover. didnt really check anything else much and i got my RWCert for $80 standard fee. He said the car was in great condition.

Comment

It really depends on who you go to.

The general rule of thumb is that they will require fixing of anything that could affect the "safety" of the vehicle and not anything to do wtih performance. Heres a few examples:

Typical Items Covered by RWC
        1. Tyres
        2. All lights/indicators are working
        3. Brake pads, discs, reservoirs, master cylinder
        4. No oil/fluid leaks
        5. Glass has no chips or cracks
        6. Wipers and Washers

Examples - Items Not Covered by RWC
        1. Small dents/body damage
        2. A slipping clutch
        3. Loss of compression on a cylinder
        4. Worn Synchros on a gearbox
        5. A generally underperforming engine

Examples of WEIRD things covered by RWC (only from the very pedantic generally)
        1. Worn down pedals that are too "sharp" and could cut into feet
        2. Exhaust hangers too low

As above it really depends on who you go to. There are some shops who will give you a RWC for a song and prayer, some others will require a new car. Just go get quotes

Comment

Working...
        X