• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DC:53:XX View Post
    Fair enough i understand your arguments
    it kinda seems that you don't...

the argument is:

par for par,

a 160'000km of city driving will wear a car out quicker than 160'000 of country driving...

steering, brakes, clutch, sussy, engine... these all get more action/usage in the city than in the country...
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
      it kinda seems that you don't...

the argument is:

par for par,

a 160'000km of city driving will wear a car out quicker than 160'000 of country driving...

steering, brakes, clutch, sussy, engine... these all get more action/usage in the city than in the country...
      u slightly miss understood the argument there tink.. its not 160km vs 160km.. is a lower city kept dc2r vs high km country dc2r or car in general...

so yes id much prefer in example my 110thou kms dc2r, city bred and kept its entire life than a 170 km dc2r from the country.

haha was waiting for ur comment, took your time

Comment

its not 160km vs 160km.. is a lower city kept dc2r vs high km country dc2r or car in general...
        ahhhhh, yes, well, then it is different then...

but i'd still be of the opinion that a higher KM country car would have less wear than lower km city car...

but would not be able to quantify the transition point - i.e. where the city car becomes the same as a country car...

*maybe* it equalises at 120k (city car) & 160k (country car) - and they are even?
        ... retired/

Comment

it depends on the city car.. my dc2 gets driven at night with very little stop/go. i drive smoothly (still has original brake pads @ 160,000km) dont bother slowing for corners etc, try not to drag off wankers in V6 commos who think they are faster all the time etc

i would still prefer the country car. city driving usually is very hard on a car driven by your average driver... accelerate, brake, accelerate, brake.. too many d!ckheads dont think to use brake and accel gently and sparingly and anticipate the traffic ahead of them.. etc..

/rant

Comment

and Milkman dont lie.. when looking for a car you do the same thing the rest of us do... go onto car sales.. go highest/lowest price, st ur budget and look the the lowest km with log books, latest year model ones avalible... check the location.. extras wether factory or aftermarket.. call and speak to the seller and see how genuine he is.. then go look at a few then make your decition..

not to mention not alot of rural boys like type R's.. copuntry boys like there 8's..

I bought the car in the best condition, actually. Logbooks were esstential. I don't get your point though? I bought my car over other models with lower kays, because it was in the best condition. Simple as that, you buy on condition not kilometres.

Why so serious for? it's the internetz.
            David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
            '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
            '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

For a 10yr old car 160ks is still under the limit, the average ks a car does in a year is 20,000-25,000:
              dc2r 10yo x 20,000 = 200,000ks which is average, anything over 200k is considered "high Kms"

Comment

Working...
              X