What rims to get??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What rims to get??

I've been browsing around looking a set rims for a while now and I don't know what to settle for. I've been to one store where one of the sales representatives were saying Work Emotion rims aren't that great compared to Ray's Volks. I've also gone through websites such as jdm concept and also the appearance thread for DC5's. It's mainly for street use however I'm contemplating on tracking the car later down the track. My car is a CW DC5S which I baught off someone from the forum.

I looked around and the ones I like so far are:
    Ce28's
    Work emotion CR's

Also no clue about which color to go with either.

But I did come across a nice set of RE30's 17x8.5 +34 - The sales representative said it would be a perfect fit, flush with the guards.

I'm want the rims to be flush with the guards for an agressive stance and yeh I've been through the wheel fitment thread and even pmed a few people. Thanks for replying guys.

Opinions please... I'm stumbed

perhaps setting a budget and choosing whether you want forged or cast would narrow down your selection?

i like both the ce28's and CR's, but if money wasn't an issue i'd go with the volks.

Comment

To be honest the only difference I know about forged or cast is forged is stronger. I'm also open to suggestions to other rims. The most I'll spend is about the price for ce28's. I've got my eyes on the ce28 genesis but I don't think it comes in a good offset

They only come in:
      17x7.5 +43
      17x8 +38
      17x9 +35, +40
      Last edited by grrray; 06-07-09, 03:20 AM.

Comment

I like the look of enkei nto3+m. Would suit your car in black or white
        Blaze Orange

Comment

If i had the chance on CW i would go RE30's in the dark Blue with a nice flush offset =D

Think tho you really need to decide on your own, mess around with photoshop see what you like the look of etc! Are you going to do any appearance mods?

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
            If i had the chance on CW i would go RE30's in the dark Blue with a nice flush offset =D

Think tho you really need to decide on your own, mess around with photoshop see what you like the look of etc! Are you going to do any appearance mods?
            Um the car currently has mugen front + rear lip and side skirts.

Originally posted by TypeSexy View Post
            I like the look of enkei nto3+m. Would suit your car in black or white
            Hey those look good do you know who or where can I get themf from ? @.o hrm.. maybe I should take a look around a bit longer I was feeling impulsive to order ce28's today...
            Last edited by grrray; 06-07-09, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by grrray View Post
              To be honest the only difference I know about forged or cast is forged is stronger. I'm also open to suggestions to other rims. The most I'll spend is about the price for ce28's. I've got my eyes on the ce28 genesis but I don't think it comes in a good offset

They only come in:
              17x7.5 +43
              17x8 +38
              17x9 +35, +40
              17X9 +35 fits well on a DC5 . Would be a good setup imo when combined with rolled guards, a decent alignment and some 245/40s .

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                17X9 +35 fits well on a DC5 . Would be a good setup imo when combined with rolled guards, a decent alignment and some 245/40s .
                i went to buy some 18" ANZ Rage wheels on saturday +35 offset, and they said they are too wide for my DC5S..

Or did they mean i would need to get my guards rolled?

Comment

Originally posted by [Type_S] View Post
                  i went to buy some 18" ANZ Rage wheels on saturday +35 offset, and they said they are too wide for my DC5S..

Dude, post your question about wheel fitment on the wheel fitment thread. Thats what its for!

Back to topic - get some SSR Type F!

Comment

17x9 +35 ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by grrray View Post

But I did come across a nice set of RE30's 17x8.5 +34 - The sales representative said it would be a perfect fit, flush with the guards.
                      8.5 +34 will be reasonably flush with the guards and will require rolled guards and a little camber.

Originally posted by [Type_S] View Post

You would potentially get away without rolling guards with an 18x8 +35 if you used a 225/40 tyre depending on ride height and alignment. Roll the guards anyway .

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                        Won't I need to run roughly around 2.4 camber @ the rear? I think tyres would be wearing really unevenly? I mean 17x9 the tyres are expensive too?

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                        Dude, post your question about wheel fitment on the wheel fitment thread. Thats what its for!

Back to topic - get some SSR Type F!
                        Do you know a vendor or store or somewhere I can get prices from >.<

Originally posted by 05dc5S View Post
                        17x9 +35 ftw!
                        haha :P i feel paranoid

ar... don't think I'll go for the 17x9's... i got quoted 346 per tye... :|
                        Last edited by grrray; 06-07-09, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Buddy club p1 S11

Comment

on a white type S

Blaze Orange

Comment

For when you take your car to the track:

Comment

Working...
                              X