Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks guys!

another thing...

do you guys machine your rotors when you swap to track pads?
    or it is just a formality or only necessary when u think you've got warping?

Comment

had the baffled sump, mechanic said it was unnecessary with my car, dc2r, but i think oil temp gauge more useful. stuck with 195 55 15 semis bit cheaper lighter lets the car slide a bit more than 16s , road tyres wont last long on a track get to hot , tear tread blocks away . need camber on front tyres wear outside edge of tyre, take extra engine oil , brake fluid spare front brake pads , racing harness helps also keeps you pinned back in your seat . nope use track pads on road if rotors are warped chuck them out and get new ones !

Comment

and on longevity of honda engines , i had done about 20 -25 track days with it just on 117,000 ks when the engine gave up split a piston , owned it from new , reved it to the rev limiter on the track awesome engine .

Comment

No reason you cant do track days on street tyres. plenty people do. hot mallala track tends to melt street tyres from my experience. Probably depends on how hard/stupid you are. and if you overinflate them etc etc..

i'm no expert though... just reporting what i have seen on cars.. tread melted into the water channels etc

Comment

Originally posted by KEVSY View Post
            and on longevity of honda engines , i had done about 20 -25 track days with it just on 117,000 ks when the engine gave up split a piston , owned it from new , reved it to the rev limiter on the track awesome engine .
            WOW split a piston.... any pics?
            BYP Racing & Developments
            Built. Tuned. Driven
            Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

seriously, street tyres are fine. the life of the engine will also be ok if you maintain it accordingly; it is a no brainer to check fluids constantly and change oil regularly.

I wouldnt bother with semis unless you plan on hitting the track a lot more, they are quite expensive to buy in comparison to street tyres and it also requires that you have a second set of wheels for them to go on (unless you're one of those "i run semis on the streets" kind of person).

Just go and have fun one time, pace yourself and just remember that it isnt a race. if you keep a level head nothing will go wrong by your own doing. i havent heard of many horror stories at all at track regarding engines blowing up in fact there is only one time and wasnt a honda engine.

Go to a reasonably safe track at first, like Winton. It has less barriers and shit to run into lol. the only reason i go to track is coz if i dont, ill be speeding on roads and its only a matter of time until something terrible happens and people get hurt, best to take that shit off the roads. it's lost of fun anyway. It doesnt matter if you're in a yaris, commodore or a GTR, tracking is tracking; its sweet as.
              sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Just track it as is. People tend to think throwing the best and all these part into there car to make it "track ready" will make it faster and reckon there cars are king shit.

Hlaf decent street tyres is all is needed. Check fluid. Check pad left.
                Built. Tuned. Driven

Comment

Originally posted by DvS- View Post
                  when i went on an open day.. i filled up before i left the area, got to wakefield (about 2 hours drive) did about 3-4 x 15 min sessions.. drove home and still have a little over 1/4 tank..
                  wtf??
                  i went threw 3 20L jerry can's and also 3/4 tank when i got there.....bloody N/A cars...
                  Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

EVO's do take a fair of petrol. My last trip down there with 5-6 session i ended up using 80litres. Thats driving there/track/home.
                    Built. Tuned. Driven

Comment

Originally posted by scheung View Post
                      wtf??
                      i went threw 3 20L jerry can's and also 3/4 tank when i got there.....bloody N/A cars...
                      i only did a couple of sessions though.. half a day a most of racing..

Comment

Working...
                      X