Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evo's... need opinions/facts!

Hey guys,
    I'm currently contemplating buying an evo of some sort, but confused as to which to get, which may sounds pretty lame or whatever, but as i'm only pretty young, and at uni, i want to see peoples opinion's or/and facts to back it up, as to which i should look towards.

personally, i prefer the shape of the evo 7's and up... but with that being said, the prices are substantially higher than that of the 6's and below (besides tommy mackinnon edition's 6.5's or whatever people call em), and one gripe i have with the evo 6, is so many regular lancer's have the kit on them, which may sounds stupid but sorta turns me off.

obviously i'd love to get an evo 9... but with the price still being pretty damn high, i'm in a state of confusion as to what i should do.
    idea's/thoughts/opinions etc all welcome!
    thanks

ps. this may be a stupid forum to be asking on, considerin it is an itr forum, and i was considering getting another dc2r, but after my seats etc being stolen, i wouldnt be able to park it anywhere without stressing completely etc, and also i wouldnt mind a turbo awd

So you reckon you wouldn't stress parking the lancer anywhere?
    happyhong says:
    aus only have 3 r
    happyhong says:
    civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

If you want stress free parking + a Turbo awd, then you can't go pass a Evo 6. Like you said, there's too many riced up Evo Lookalike Lancer, hence get yourself a nice Evo 6, take off all the bodykit parts and you will get yourself a GLXI lancer. Full stealth yo!
      For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

How much $$$$ u going to spend?

umm...there is no such thing as a stress free car park...ask manny that as well
        Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

Originally posted by scheung View Post
          umm...there is no such thing as a stress free car park...ask manny that as well
          Beater > Insurance
          j0nbubz: RG's awp is LOL
          Chi: ...word of advice on who plays against rG
          faijai: rg + awp = gg
          hebe: Hahaha rG is just L337 bro!
          rG`: Touchpad FTW!

Comment

Stress free when you drive a Corolla

Hahah in all seriousness, I haven't seen any good examples of any normal lancers with a EVO bodykit done well...I've always been able to tell if the lancer is either a riced up one or an EVO...it's not all that hard...but that's just me...

I personally like the look of the 6/6.5 onwards BAR the 7...I'm not a big fan of the 7 though...and there are more and more 6/6.5's running around Sydney now...I see one almost everyday no joke! Slowly becoming another WRX.

Comment

one piece of advice and i think a good one is,

If you are going to be worried about lancer look alikes then i would steer you well clear of evos. People that buy evos look for pure performance and just that, there is no hiding the fact it is an ugly beast. Ugly but mean.
              Last edited by Jingers; 07-10-06, 10:53 AM. Reason: grammer :: cambo dont kill me :runs:

Comment

Evos are fully sick....

The 6.5 is arguably a better car than the 7. The 6.5 and 9 are quite evenly matched in terms of performance (6.5 was lighter).

I dont like the looks of the 7 but at least you'll have less ricers looking like your car than a 6.

my 2 cents

btw try www.evolutionoz.net for more evo info
                Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

Aren't you the fella with the Euro Sport?

My only suggestion is you go and test drive all that's out there...only you can decide...we can all pour our biases onto you...but in the end it is you who will be buying the car...and you need to buy what you think is right for you both in performance and aesthetics...

Sorry I know I'm not being much help here...and I'm not trying to be an ass...but that's just how I see...I personally wouldn't be of any help to you anyways as I would say any one of the Evos are great and are awesome looking IMO...
                  Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

Get the Evo 6 yo!

Comment

hey guys, thanks for the input.

yeah i am the one with the euro sport, and i will be keeping it either way. if i get an evo, its going to be more a weekender... may sound pretty extravagant etc, but, i've just been given a promotion of sorts at work, and a few fortunate things my way have happened, so thinking about taking out a loan to cover the rest, on top of what i've saved and will continue to save... i wont be getting one within the next few weeks, more start looking and take my time over the next few months etc!

so i aint as worried about parking etc, and though i'd love another dc2r, i really want a turbo, and awd i just love the idea of.

if i dont go an evo, i'll get an S2000... i suppose test driving both etc, and several different model evo's will be in order in the future.

thanks again
                      -Dean

Comment

6.5 is very nice but have a look at www.internationalmotorgroup.com.au they have some evo 8 MRs time to time those are great and the closest thing you'll get to the great evo 8 MR FQ400 (3.5 sec 0-100km i think) with some crazy torque figures around 400nm ish! if you want pure packed in performance with room for hauling people in get that. It's like a pug dog some like the look some dont.

Can't go wrong with S2000 though mods are pricey.

All in all there is a good reason why people go with evo. Hopefully down the track i'll get an Evo MR or a FD Spirit R.

....go evo
                        www.belgarage.com.au

Comment

Working...
                        X