EVO9GSRMR or FD2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EVO9GSRMR or FD2R

hi all,bk malaysia for goods from Perth. quite a while didn't play sports car that lead me to miss my moded dc5r. now i have an option of choice either used evo9MR from japan or brand new FD2R from local branch. price is around the same at 60-70 AUD deal with msia's high taxes (too bad).

both car i decide to go for white (for sure ), but i can't decide which one i after because evo9MR is 2005-6 and FD2R is brand new. FD2R interior looks aware some but 9MR's engine wild n nice torque...

my ex-dc5r get 14flat in 400m n i miss the vtec sound, tat's make me had little bit miss the honda's power. but no doubt 9MR stock can get low 13's for sure...it's confusing me...haha...pls help
    Last edited by wonton; 25-04-09, 12:40 PM.

FD2R, need i say more?
    Blaze Orange

Comment

FD2R

How are you getting it in and brand new?
      Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
      "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
      sigpic
      itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
      send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

malaysia's honda dealer does sell FD2R...hehe... http://honda.com.my/
        Last edited by wonton; 25-04-09, 12:45 PM.

Comment

I get it, nice ninja edit .

Test drive both cars and see which one you like. I would think not many members on this forum would have driven a FD2R. Oh and by the way....you lucky bastard!!!
          Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
          "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
          sigpic
          itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
          send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by wonton View Post
            malaysia's honda dealer does sell FD2R...hehe... http://honda.com.my/
            The only place outside of Japan if I'm not mistaken. But for $70k I'd look elsewhere. 370z perhaps?

Comment

Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
              The only place outside of Japan if I'm not mistaken. But for $70k I'd look elsewhere. 370z perhaps?
              It is the first time a Type R has been officially exported in full JDM specification as far as I know too . However if he can't get a brand new Evo it is unlikely that the budget will stretch to whatever a 370Z costs in Malaysia .

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

It is the first time a Type R has been officially exported in full JDM specification as far as I know too . However if he can't get a brand new Evo it is unlikely that the budget will stretch to whatever a 370Z costs in Malaysia .
                But the exorbitant prices Honda would charge for such a creature might see a Z landed for not much more. You're just scared because it's RWD.

He was talking brand new FD2R wasn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
                  I get it, nice ninja edit .

Test drive both cars and see which one you like. I would think not many members on this forum would have driven a FD2R. Oh and by the way....you lucky bastard!!!
                  :P yea...i edited it fairly quickly... the bad thing in msia is we can't test drive. they can only show u the car (FD2R), and the evo9MR is at Japan so cant test drive either... that's the only bad things...

Comment

in misa, the price for a new 370z would looking around 120,000AUD. which is extremely high and it's out of my range..hehe

Comment

i wouldnt get a evo for the fact that is a mitsibishbi. Honda makes cars way better
                      Blaze Orange

Comment

Originally posted by TypeSexy View Post
                        i wouldnt get a evo for the fact that is a mitsibishbi. Honda makes cars way better
                        umm......ok then.........

if ur intending to mod.....the evo would be cheaper.....
                        also performance wise....but that really depends on the driver....

but if ur going to bitch about quality of interior/rough ride then go for the honda.
                        Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

Why is it these days, alot of Honda owners are going from their Honda to an EVO??
                          I mean don't get me wrong i like the EVO's, only 4,5,6,8,9, i disregard the 7 and 10 cos imo there disgusting.

But nonetheless the EVO's are good looking and have a lot of potential.
                          If i were to make a change from Honda, it be to the new WRX hatch.

Sorry for the off topic comment but, i'd go for the FD2R since its pretty atm i assume, in the sense getting your hands on one.

Comment

Fd2r

Comment

but the current wrx is fugly....
                              Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

Working...
                              X