Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whistling Noise. Cool or UnCool?!

Ok.

My Dc2R makes a whistling noise (i believe its the airbox/intake) everytime i cruise past 3.2 rpm. The noise lasts for about 1-3 second depending on how long i stay on 3.2.

The whistling noise to me sounds cool and it can be heard even inside the car.

Cool or Uncool?

Or just get Mugen intake and sound better? =D

Just a topic for discussion. heheh bored at 40 degree . Broken Air Con WORK PLACE! ><

my mugen intake has a whisling noise too..
    http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

my injen has a very loud whistle

Comment

uncool.
        BYP Racing & Developments
        Built. Tuned. Driven
        Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

my mugen has it.. dont like it... but small compromise for the sound at low revs and full throttle and above 6krpm at full throttle.. i wish it were even louder!

Comment

just make shore its not your throttle body gasket or IM gasket as my old car use to whistle and it sounded cool but it turns out it was my IM gasket and was costing me power..... but anyway i like it i sounds nice

Comment

if it was my throttle gasket would it whistle all the time. or just at specific revs or force of accellerration(pardon my engrish)?

Comment

it should only do it when your pressing hard on accelerator and any rpm over 3.5-4 you should be able to hear it any easy test is to spray air in a can around your IM while the car is idling and if the revs jump then you no you have a leak.....

Comment

personally i think its cool, but then i dont make car noise for anyone else but me....when other people hear my openboxed air roar in vtec, i kind of get a little sheepish/embarrassed.....

but yeah i like that whistle noise as the air is sucked in....

Comment

Working...
                  X