First Integra, any tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Integra, any tips?

Hey Guys, planning on getting an integra. Not really sure what to look for as its my first car and I don't want to get screwed.

Has anybody got any ideas about problems with integras and tips for making sure its ok?

I saw this one on carsales - http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...d=11EF82B1525A

Does that look any good?

Thanks in advance. JJ

Gsi's are that expensive? If I were you I'd save just that bit more for a type r
    Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by jackjack View Post
      Does that look any good?
      that car has two basic problems:
      • it has no VTEC
      • it has an automatic gearbox

without these, Integra's are much less enjoyable...
      ... retired/

Comment

firstly, describe what you are after, your plans, and what restrictions you may have. this will definately help with responses and recommendations.
        "Success is 99% Failure"
        Soichiro Honda.
        sigpic

Comment

Budget and insurance cost limits please.

VTECs all very well and good, but you have to be able to afford the insurance on the sucker.
          You're under 25 yes?
          Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Browse through here http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9 someone has always asked the question before

edit: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18699 specifically

Comment

Originally posted by jackjack View Post
              Does that look any good?
              That looks really expensive for what it is.

Comment

Loving those type R badges and dual exhausts!!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by justinfox
                You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                  that car has two basic problems:
                  • it has no VTEC
                  • it has an automatic gearbox

without these, Integra's are much less enjoyable...
                  i concur
                  sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

I've heard rumours that NSW laws are changing to a kw/tonne rule. This means that a car with less than 100 kw per tonne is OK. 100-125kw per tonne requires an application for exemption and >125kw per tonne is banned. I've heard this from a manufacturer in discussions with the RTA about their turbocharged small capacity engines.

This means the DC2R is banned and the DC5 is available only with exemptions. No mods will be allowed on any cars that fall into the discretionary group. This in my opinion, is what the RTA shouldve done years ago. Last Tuesday I saw a head on with a red P plater and a car towing a horse float, a collision at a set of lights involvi g another P plater and a green P plater pulled over in a school zone after overtaking me at nearly double the speed limit. The only way to teach younger drivers is with proper driver training and car restrictions that actually make sense.

/rant

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                      I've heard rumours that NSW laws are changing to a kw/tonne rule. This means that a car with less than 100 kw per tonne is OK. 100-125kw per tonne requires an application for exemption and >125kw per tonne is banned. I've heard this from a manufacturer in discussions with the RTA about their turbocharged small capacity engines.

This means the DC2R is banned and the DC5 is available only with exemptions. No mods will be allowed on any cars that fall into the discretionary group. This in my opinion, is what the RTA shouldve done years ago. Last Tuesday I saw a head on with a red P plater and a car towing a horse float, a collision at a set of lights involvi g another P plater and a green P plater pulled over in a school zone after overtaking me at nearly double the speed limit. The only way to teach younger drivers is with proper driver training and car restrictions that actually make sense.

/rant
                      dc5r is 127 per tonne (126.7). Based on the formular used in victoria for a long time (until recently). It was the power output at the flywheel (147kw in the dc5r) divided by the TARE weight (out of the factory without fluids or extras) which is 1160 on a dc5r.
                      Last edited by Didz; 29-01-09, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Oh OK. I knew it was close one way or the other.

Comment

yeh, but realistically, with air conditioning the dc5r is under the 125 per tonne threshold but the law dont see it that way :/

Comment

Nor should they. It's a simple and effective rule that makes more sense than the current law.

Comment

i agree to a certain extent.

The fact of the matter is, there are more cars on the road now, cars which are bigger (4wd's and "cross overs"), cars which are on average, quicker than they were 30 years ago, cars were a lot stronger (and potentially safer) back then and people were (potentially) less risky in how they drive around.

without going further off topic, the integra shown is a waste of money. Its got rice and it probably goes as hard as a datsun 120y.

Comment

Working...
                              X