Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life After DC5

Hi All,

As you may know I had sold my car a while ago. After several visits to the panel beater, attempted break in's and issues with the car I finally "traded in the car". Mind you this all occurred in the wonderful year of 08.

Some of you have benefited from the awesome sale I had for the car and getting things at really cheap prices. Hope you all enjoy the parts.

A couple of pictures just to take it down memory lane

The car was a great drive, but not as a daily. Missed plenty of time off the track (sorry boys and girls never tracked with you only bmw track days with a few of my friends). Car was off the track for a good 2 years due to issues with the clutch, gearbox, damages to body, broken mounts, the list continues.

Having a modified car then going back to stock all I can honestly say is "I WILL NEVER BUY A STOCK DC5R EVER". Guys with ECU's try and put your stock tune back on and you will know what I mean. Even the short shifter removed and back to stock felt like I was shifting gears in a van as it felt very slack and the throws were way too long for a sports car. Maybe I had been blessed with the mods and grown accustom to it.

Guys and Girls if you ever feel that your car isn't up to par just jump into a stock DC5R and you will appreciate your mods a whole lot more. Sad to say the DC5 in stock form isn't really that great of a car, but once modifying the car you really do change it from a cat to a wild tiger.

Decisions on my next car was partly due to having a friend own an Audi performance garage so my services wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg (ball park figures of $1000 for a service not even major )

After a long week of deciding I picked up a 2006 Silver Audi A4 2.0T quattro in auto. (I figure its luxury auto wipers, auto lights, automatic. hehe) I wasn't expecting too much from the car, but boy did it perform. Paddle shifts are nice and smooth, power delivery was smooth, for the first time in a long time i could talk normally to the person next to me and hear them.

Came with all the options (except for sat nav and bi-xenons - dw I have them on order). I am very happy with the purchase of the car. If you were going to move onto something less sporty i would highly recommend going the euro path, life is so much easier and you get a different kind of look when driving past people.

Ohhh and as for the modify bug it hit me on the first week. I went from 110 kwatw to ~160 kwatw 300nm torque now that brings a massive smile to my face.

Here are some pics more to come when they are processed.

nice. what mods did you do to the audi.

after my dc5, i'm looking to go get a euro car too...BMW..oh yeh!
    2004 Integra DC5 Luxury Alabaster/Satin Silver

Comment

good on u! at least ur were moved from one perfomance car to another one....i am not complainting for what i have right now...but it isnt a performance car
      Last edited by bezzy; 17-12-08, 09:17 AM.

Comment

great write up!

thanks for sharing

now - don't you wish we had the autobahns here like the car was designed to be cruising on in the mother country? lol!
        ... retired/

Comment

hehehe
          yeah Only mod I have is the revo reflash.
          If I wanted a race car I would get one

maybe next is 19" black rims with polished lip

Comment

Originally posted by kookie View Post

Ohhh and as for the modify bug it hit me on the first week. I went from 110 kwatw to ~160 kwatw 300nm torque now that brings a massive smile to my face.
            I assume you're talking about the APR reflash, or similar. If that's the case there's no way a Quattro 2.0T produces 160kW atw with that mod. Drivetrain losses on AWD cars are anywhere up to 40%. 4Motion/Quattro would be a little less than conventional AWD cars since they are CVT (Constantly Variable Torque) AWD systems. That being the case, the reflash creates 192kW flywheel, up from 147kW flywheel. Your car would be producing somewhere in the vicinity of 115-125kW atw. Still very swift for a 1,600kg car though. 0-100 would be somewhat around GTI territory (mid 6s).

Comment

i thought he was talking about going from K20A (110 atw) to the Audi (160 atw)?

no-way a reflash could produce 50kw gain!!

his post above yours states he has the "Revo reflash" anyway...
              ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                i thought he was talking about going from K20A (110 atw) to the Audi (160 atw)?

no-way a reflash could produce 50kw gain!!

his post above yours states he has the "Revo reflash" anyway...
                Not atw but the APR reflash nets 45kW flywheel. Details HERE.

The GTI I took to Wakefield Park for the Oz Honda day had the APR reflash and 3" exhaust. The car was dyno'd with 164kW atfw.

Comment

Mine has been custom tuned and it produces ~160 give or take. You will be surprised how much power can be unleashed from these cars.
                  APR flash is different to revo, with revo you can advance the timing more aggressively and up the boost. Looking boost readings I went from ~8-10psi to 22-23psi.
                  Might be looking into the k04 turbo if the dollar comes strong again. Until then I'll just enjoy the car.

My car doesn't have CVT, drivetrain loss is ~25% so I'm told by other Audi Quattro owners.

Not sure on the 1/4 mile times will have to do a run down Calder.

But I must say the 1.6 tonne beast does get a while to get going.
                  Last edited by kookie; 17-12-08, 12:56 PM.

Comment

flywheel power? OK then...
                    ... retired/

Comment

Still need someone with some skills to photoshoot my interior.
                      Any hands up?
                      Thanks for the words guys. Had my flame suit on all nice and pressed too

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                        flywheel power? OK then...
                        Yeah I know. Great benchmark huh. Will make note of that next time I'm driving my engine.

Comment

Will post up dyno when I get it.

Comment

Nice one bro.... bring on the mods
                            CARSFORHOPE

Comment

nice one kookie man
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                              X