Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOOKING TO BUY DC5R or s2000. Any one know these cars historys??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOOKING TO BUY DC5R or s2000. Any one know these cars historys??

OK updating a previous thread just sold my car and looking to get me some V-TEC again...

but unfortuneatly im not looking to spend the cash.. iv done some good saving and so yeahh, trying my best not to touch it...

just wondering if anybody knows anything about this car??

DC5R
    http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars...0r&distance=25

or if anybody knows anyone with a nice cheap performance type car of some sort for sale please let me kno have cash and i need a car right away!!!

thanx people!!
    Last edited by DC:53:XX; 13-01-09, 04:56 PM.

i've never driven s2k or dc5r...........

but from what i mknow and have been told.....if u want performance go for the dc5r, if u want some vtec with a cruse go s2k..........

again, thats my opinion.

good luck man
    my sale thread 21.01.12
    CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

Originally posted by ievaq8 View Post
      i've never driven s2k or dc5r...........

but from what i mknow and have been told.....if u want performance go for the dc5r, if u want some vtec with a cruse go s2k..........

again, thats my opinion.

good luck man
      Care to elaborate? You couldn't have given a worst opinion there.

DC5R has better low end torque but be preapred for it to be less comfy than your previous DC5S. Very planted and doesn't understeer like most FWD cars. In fact it has a hint of oversteer when you push it right to it's limit.

S2K has horrible low end torque but once you hit the higher rev range has more power than a DC5R stock for stock. Small boot, small cabin but you can't beat an open top on a sunny day. The one you listed there is a 2000 model so I am presuming it may have the well known clutch buzz issue. Also be sure to check that the soft top is in good condition as it has a plastic rear window and if not maintained can have lot's of creases and look moldy/foggy.

Since you have already owned a DC5S I suggest you go for the S2K.
      Last edited by revolution; 29-11-08, 11:53 PM.

Comment

I had DC5R and now driving S2000.

DC5R definitely has more low end torque and power thanks to its I-VTEC system but it can be as fast as s2000 or should I say faster than s2000 with mods i.e I/H/E/Kpro/FD/Clutch/IM etc etc.
        DC5R is still a FWD car and it understeers unless the car is setup for oversteer with some mods.

S2K as revolution has already explained, it has the worse low end torque even compared to DC2R but it can be cured by changing FD to a shorter one.
        S2K will give you the smile after 6000 rpm It is also harder to drive s2k at the limit but with couple of mods it can be tamed i.e swaybars, xbrace and coilover.
        S2000 is well known to clutch buzz issue only for MY01 model
        Last edited by 3r1k; 30-11-08, 04:41 PM.

Comment

thanx boys.. haha and love the lil slide show 3rik :P

yeah friend of mine has dc5r, iv noticed its alot less comfortable than the dc5s,
          i think main reason being recaros bsides the obvious fact there smaller becausethey hold u in so tightly u feel every little bump, scratch and hole on the road!!!

my car will be gonee in a day or 2 then i think im off to melbrn to get that s2k..
          i miss my old type S.. but time for a change i think

thanx again n all take care!!

Comment

I reakon you should still buy mine.

Comment

Bump this old thread up!! updated the first post

Comment

Ive owned both DC5R and S2000.

S2000 is very fast and harder to drive fast. Awesome sports car but not practical for everyday living.

DC5R is a good combination of weekend racer and practical weekday vehicle. Which ever you choose, performance wise you cannot go wrong.

Hope this helps.

Also as for the car in Tassy. PM Charger because he travels between melb and tas reguraly. He might know of the vehicle.

Comment

haha thanz man... theres arnt enough people like u on this forum

Comment

i hate how when ur not ready to buy theres cars everywhere, but when ur ready to buy theres nuthing but rubbish!!

i remember car sales use to have like an over load of type r's.. sumbody tell me where they have all gone!!!!!!!!

Comment

If it makes you feel better... i spent >3months looking for mine lol..

Comment

Originally posted by DC:53:XX View Post
                        i remember car sales use to have like an over load of type r's.. sumbody tell me where they have all gone!!!!!!!!
                        People's garages?

Comment

Working...
                        X