Recommendation for panel shop in MELB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendation for panel shop in MELB

I am looking for a decent panel shop in melbourne. Can someone please recommend me a place? Cheers.

Originally posted by endymiony2k View Post
    I am looking for a decent panel shop in melbourne. Can someone please recommend me a place? Cheers.
    Tony @ Auswide Panel Service, on Heatherton Road (South Eastern Suburbs)

Addy:

Fcty 4-5/ 7 Heatherdale Rd
    Ringwood
    VIC, 3134
    Australia

He's the best man hands down for a quality job.
    Fully certified and been in the biz for more than 10 years.

Hopefully you're near there though.

Comment

Thanks oVo, I will call him on Monday =)

Comment

Jetspeed. Whiteside road clayton.

Comment

WHERE EVER YOU GO DO NOT GO HERE

sorrry if i seem predjudice but its the dodgiest shit going around.

when i bought my car off adam a year ago, just before i picked it up, somebody reversed into the front corner of it. Nothing major just a nice scratch o the front right hand corner. Anyways, adam was family friends with auswide and so as it was his insurance policy he had choosen auswide.

Very friendly service but, when i first got it back the colour was good, they matched it well, i had got them to spray the whole front end including guards and bonnet just to get a few small stone chips off and what not. While he matched the colour, it was very rippley, lots of orange peel which meant to save money the paint was reduced to a lesser viscosity, which is found on most factory paint jobs nowadays anyways. total crap in my opinion..

But this wasn't my main concern. It has been almost a year now and guess what is starting to happen?? tiny tiny sand sized bubbles have been appearing on the regions he had sprayed.

total shit dont go. if you want good places to go pm me for them
          DCIIR

Comment

oh yeah, my car is garaged every single night of the year..

also the front lip's paint is so light that small stone chips are leading to peeling which i hate.
            DCIIR

Comment

Originally posted by Absolut R View Post
              oh yeah, my car is garaged every single night of the year..

also the front lip's paint is so light that small stone chips are leading to peeling which i hate.
              Damn man...

Well I got 8K of work done there and my car is like new...been 6 months, no probs...

Did he sand blast your body work down, then do the repaint? or did he just paint over?
              Did you take the car back to him to complain?

I would man, if I ain't happy.
              Last edited by oVo; 18-10-08, 01:20 PM. Reason: Missing content

Comment

DT Panels

Ask for Vu... many ppl can vouch for his work...

11 Lightwood Rd
                Springvale VIC 3171

(03) 9562 3633

Comment

I know tony and all my car's panel work is done in auswide.....I will be the 1st person to tell you he is ok.....
                  if you really have an issue you should bring it back to him and discuss but not telling ppl in here.....you should understand shit happen bro.....except you refuse to fix it for you.....
                  Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                  1)ブレーキを踏む
                  2)クラッチを切る
                  3)シフトダウンしなから、
                    アクセルをぶかす
                  4)クラッチをつなぐ
                  :blah:
                  インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                  人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Thanks a lot for the great info. In fact, my case is very similiar to AbsoluteR case...I parked near Prahan station yesterday...someone just reversed back into my front and got scratch on my driver side bumper...and couldnt find the car/driver who made the deeeeeep scratch

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                      I know tony and all my car's panel work is done in auswide.....I will be the 1st person to tell you he is ok.....
                      if you really have an issue you should bring it back to him and discuss but not telling ppl in here.....you should understand shit happen bro.....except you refuse to fix it for you.....
                      i wouldnt have said anything if the bubbles had come up, he did sand blast and spray and its a job that is in my eyes not good enough.. i only noticed the bubbles 3 days ago so i havnt had a chance to take it back to him but thats my first thing on the to do list this following week
                      DCIIR

Comment

I would choose Auswide over DT anyday
                        DT didn't do a good job with my kit, I brought it to Auswide (Thanks Eddie) and all was sorted. You can ask ppl on the forum that have seen my car before and after they can tell you how good it looks.

Auswide for body work hands down.

Comment

kookie, looks like Auswide is the place to go for the paint work

Comment

Endy......just mention my name to tony...he will look after you bro....I will give him a buzz anywayz......
                            Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                            1)ブレーキを踏む
                            2)クラッチを切る
                            3)シフトダウンしなから、
                              アクセルをぶかす
                            4)クラッチをつなぐ
                            :blah:
                            インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                            人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

I hope ur car is not yellow... coz tony did my yellow car b4 wasn't good at all..
                              make sure he work on ur car when he is not drunk or after party..

Comment

Working...
                              X