if you are getting ep3 from oversea....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you are getting ep3 from oversea....

hi, guys~ just wondering where do you guys go for your finance if you getting an import car from japan?? as far as i know commonwealth doesn't do finance on import car...

so which bank or financial company will easier?? and y would u suggest???

thx

This is not an automotive thread.

Moved to lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by x0000 View Post
      hi, guys~ just wondering where do you guys go for your finance if you getting an import car from japan?? as far as i know commonwealth doesn't do finance on import car...

so which bank or financial company will easier?? and y would u suggest???

thx
      do you seriously think ANYONE is going to answer this question?

a) how many people do you think get cars direct imported from Japan?
      b) how many of those people do you think did it via bank finance?
      c) how many of THOSE do you think might be on this forum?

have you tried getting an unsecured personal loan? for a "holiday"...
      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
        have you tried getting an unsecured personal loan? for a "holiday"...
        DING DING DING...

Comment

At this moment in time very few banks are going to approve an unsecured personal loan for $30k. If you can't afford to import a car with your own money then unfortunately you shouldn't be looking at that car. Banks are wise to grey imports these days and you won't find one of the major lenders that will give you a look in. Your only options would be these lenders that offer finance to credit risks at insane rates and repayments. Just don't go there mkay.
          Last edited by m0nty; 03-10-08, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
            At this moment in time very few banks are going to approve an unsecured personal loan for $30k. If you can't afford to import a car with your own money then unfortunately you shouldn't be looking at that car. Banks are wise to grey imports these days and you won't find one of the major lenders that will give you a look in. You're only options would be these lenders that offer finance to credit risks at insane rates and repayments. Just don't go there mkay.
            I got one for 25k once...but that was back in 2005

Comment

well i imported my car but didn't get finance so unfortunately i can't be more helpful.

Comment

I imported mine as well but no finance, I only borrow money to make money, we all know cars don't make money so I buy it for cash, you should drive a car you can afford to buy with cash, borrow money for realestate investment ect, something that's gonna be helpfull in future

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubo (LJ) View Post
                  I imported mine as well but no finance, I only borrow money to make money, we all know cars don't make money so I buy it for cash, you should drive a car you can afford to buy with cash, borrow money for realestate investment ect, something that's gonna be helpfull in future
                  Why invest money such as $30k into something that you know will not net you that same return in 5 years? I'm a believer in vehicle finance. If you have savings invest them, housing, shares, super... whatever. But not a house. $30k in a term deposit for 5 years nets better returns than the interest you pay on that same amount in a loan. Putting it into housing and higher risk shares nets you further returns. I would never ever put my hard earned ones into a car when there are other investments I want to get into.

To say put money into a depreciating asset and borrow for investment is ridiculous. Use as little of your own money as possible in the depreciating ones.

Comment

err, not sure if i'm right, but
                    afaik, interest for investment loan is tax deductable?
                    interest on asset for non investment purposes is non tax deductable?

so loan for a car < loan for investment?

Comment

Working...
                    X