Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Gear Australia ---->>> SUCKS

Well what did everyone else think ?

I thought it sucked, it was actually boring to watch.

Even my mom thought it was boring. She said she prefers the original, and she hates the original.
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

i feel u bro!

Comment

Isn't it still on? I don't mind it. They have a lot to live up to. It's their first show so I'll be back for more.

Comment

Ill check it out again.. But yeh this episode i didn't like.

Comment

recorded...will watch it eventually

z10 says:
          i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
          z10 says:
          mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Crap. Cox is an absolute tosser.

They try and mimic the characters of the UK too much. Not enough detail when critiqing the cars.

The little guy was the best out of the 3 IMO.
            "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hmm the hosts are ok, a lot of people are very much used to the original. Like others said, a lot to live up to.

Pretty pissed off about all the bullshit holden talk and v8 this and v8 that. That kind of rubbish would suit channel 7, 9 or 10.

Another thing, being surprised about the result of the lotus elise. Come on, it's been around a long time now. A lot of people know it's a big go kart which does well at tracks.

Finally i agree with l3vnd1, no where NEAR enough detail on the cars. Cut out the bullshit ambient music and let us hear the engines as well perhaps? it made the porche sound like a hyundai with an exhaust system.

Be interesting to watch the Holden vs. Ford they have next week. See if they can do it without sucking.

All in all i didnt mind it. I don't want them to go down the path of making Australians look like idiots.
              Last edited by Didz; 29-09-08, 08:54 PM.
              sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

they had focusing issues during the timed laps.. but i didn't mind the rest of it.. will check out future episodes to see how it goes!
                ClubITR | Like

Comment

didn't think it was that bad... i would watch it if i didn't have uni on monday nights.

I wanna hear what my work mate says tomorrow... he LOVES the original top gear... it would take up most of our morning

Comment

i got quite bored watching it tbh. not something i look forward to seeing again. even the audience looked like they were gonna fall asleep!
                    T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

They should have started off with more sports/ unique cars at the beginning instead of the boring 4 x 4 crap. Because after that i lost alot of interest...

Comment

Yeh... the 4wd's lost me...
                        Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

haha there was only about 6 people in the crowd... there are always hot chicks in the uk version behind the hosts... but in australia no hot chicks would take the focus of them talkin shit! but it wasnt as bad as it could have been
                          FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

Aww I missed it ><
                            Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

Fuckn sucked, i turned off after 15 mins, although I hate the UK version as well :O

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by justinfox
                              You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X