Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Know a good diamond/jewlery appraisal service in SYD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Know a good diamond/jewlery appraisal service in SYD?

As the subject line says. Got any recommendations for a trusted source in the Sydney CBD? Need insurance for a ring purchased in the US, but need an appraisal for insurance purposes.

Thanks,
    chikai

Hi there - i know there is one called diamound exchange - but i cant remember if they do appraisals.... might want to google them... and call them up.

otherwise go to any of the high end luxury store and ask them where they take their diamonds. they should be able to direct you to the right place...
    hope that helps

Comment

oh the ones on castlereagh st near DJ area. just pop in and ask them.

Comment

diamond exchange is good

theres a few place in the city that can do it

recently got one for $30 to insure a ring i got from hk

z10 says:
        i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
        z10 says:
        mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

any accredited jeweller can do it.

www.yellowpages.com.au
          ... retired/

Comment

what are the chances of buying a diamond with a GIA cert etc, and then the jeweller giving you a fake diamond / one of lesser quality than outlined in the cert?
            when do we hit v-attack | www.eightsided.com
            sigpic

Comment

but you can see the laser id number on girdle with a magnifying glass....but thats if your diamond have a laser engraved id number...some do some dont

z10 says:
              z10 says:

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
                but you can see the laser id number on girdle with a magnifying glass....but thats if your diamond have a laser engraved id number...some do some dont
                I dont think the diamond exchange ones from with laser inscription...

Cause normally laser inscriptions cost abit more, so they would actually tell you about it..

I tried dealing with the guys on diamond exchange, but they weren't that great with customer service. They dont answer my questions and when they do they gave single word replies.
                I also asked if I could purchase duty free... they didnt even reply to that...

------------------------

to answer erics question,
                Rings that are close to flawless, its hard to match what u have with what is on the cert. But ring with flaws, even minor, you can use the loopy to compare it back to the chart.
                Last edited by BlitZ; 21-08-08, 02:47 PM.

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

doesnt matter if diamond exchange give you bad service...he's only going there to get it valued for insurance, not to buy a diamond from there.

z10 says:
                  z10 says:

Comment

Working...
                  X