Top Gear's Richard Hammond in Hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Gear's Richard Hammond in Hospital

Top Gear's Richard "Hamster" Hammond in a critical condition after an accident in a jet car:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/5365676.stm
    ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Oh no

Hope he gets well soon...
    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

Yeah just saw this too. I don't honestly see how they even let him into the car in the first place. That is like putting me into a doorslammer.... sure I can drive a FF car at a brisk pace around a track but no way would I have the skills to handle a full blow drag car.

Not to take anything away from the show but recently I have become dissatisfied with Top Gear..... the show resembles somewhat of a car orientated "Footy Show" with Fatty Vaughtin.

They seem to be too concerned with pre-meditated gags and other rediculous capers that detract from what I feel the show is about, their opinions on the modern marvels of automotive engineering.

Comment

hope he get well soon

z10 says:
        i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
        z10 says:
        mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Hope he gets better...

Comment

Originally posted by SPEEDCORE View Post
            Yeah just saw this too. I don't honestly see how they even let him into the car in the first place. That is like putting me into a doorslammer.... sure I can drive a FF car at a brisk pace around a track but no way would I have the skills to handle a full blow drag car.

Not to take anything away from the show but recently I have become dissatisfied with Top Gear..... the show resembles somewhat of a car orientated "Footy Show" with Fatty Vaughtin.

They seem to be too concerned with pre-meditated gags and other rediculous capers that detract from what I feel the show is about, their opinions on the modern marvels of automotive engineering.
            yeah does seem they are deviating from the earlier seasons where the focus was on the car and not about jokes or trying to be funny.
            happyhong says:
            aus only have 3 r
            happyhong says:
            civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

He is reported as being in a "stable" condition now - this is good news.
              | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

:sad:

I guess it may have to do with the crop of cars that turn up, when manufactures are not bringing out that much cars "keep in mind they are filmed quite abit before they are shown" then they have no choice but to throw in a campervan trip

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post
                  They are paid professional drivers with proper racing background/experiences under their belt
                  I would say that of Fifth Gear presenters.... but definately not of Top Gear presenters bar the various Stigs that have been part of the show.
                  Last edited by SPEEDCORE; 21-09-06, 11:54 AM. Reason: OK how did I reply to Noel below and it shot my reply above his post??

Comment

tiff was the best.. wonder what happen to him

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

They are paid professional drivers with proper racing background/experiences under their belt apart from being top TV presenters. Yes, accidents do happen even with to the very best as we're all well aware of. Definitely hope he recovers moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by BlitZ View Post
                        tiff was the best.. wonder what happen to him
                        you serious?? i always think Tiff's the most boring of all.
                        For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

Originally posted by lovesil View Post
                          you serious?? i always think Tiff's the most boring of all.
                          ya..Tiff is boring..have u watch fifth geaR? my gosh....

latest news on the hamster:

BBC news

hope he gets well soon!
                          Last edited by aarick; 22-09-06, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Brain injury
                            http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/bra...431867903.html

Comment

bad news about the brain injury.. but there's still hope..

hope he gets well soon

Comment

Working...
                              X