Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Melb] Sangers @ Revolver -- Sat, 12th July

Hey Guys,

I'm coming to Melbourne in July to play at Revolver Upstairs with my crew, the Adicts Collective. There was also some talk of an individual early set for me but since I'm not on the flyer, I'm not sure if that's happening.

Anyway, if you're in Melbourne and out that night, please come out and share a drink with me. I'm sure I can organise guest listing so let me know full names if you're keen,

I'm not gonna have my car with me unfortunately but if anyone wants to organise a ClubITR meetup and let me ride shotgun, I'm all for it

FYI, the Adicts Collective is a six piece DJ driven collective with trumpet, percussion, and MC/beatboxer. My role in the group is to drop and loop vocals, samples and do various fx via my MacBook and midi controllers. We play mainly breakbeat but also dabble in a bit of electro and house from time to time to suit the gig. We'll be playing alongside Boogie Army (Germany) and Nick Thayer that night.

Checkout the following for more info:

www.myspace.com/adictsevents
    www.myspace.com/boogiearmy

Hope you can all make it out.

Sangers
    almost JDM spec, y0!

Sounds good and I'd be keen for something.

How long are you in Melbourne for?
    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
      Sounds good and I'd be keen for something.

How long are you in Melbourne for?
      +1

Comment

sweet.

i fly in friday arvo and leave sunday morning. going do an all nighter on saturday night.

so friday night or saturday day would be a good time to do something.
        almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

just curious what kind of equipment do you use?

personally I own 2x CDJ800's and a DJM400 and I'm having a blast learning.
          Would be interesting to see what they use out there in the clubs.
          Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010

Comment

Originally posted by Dny View Post
            just curious what kind of equipment do you use?

personally I own 2x CDJ800's and a DJM400 and I'm having a blast learning.
            Would be interesting to see what they use out there in the clubs.
            most clubs have CDJ1000s, Technics 1200mk2+, DJM800/600. Mixers tend to vary a bit though. some have Allens & Heath.

at home i have CDJ800s, Technics 1200mk5, DJM800

i play both vinyl and CD when I dj by myself under Sangers or with my MC under Sangers and Mash.

in the Adicts Collective i use a MacBook Pro with Ableton 6, a Novation i/o controller and a M-Audio Trigger Finger.
            almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

Just confirming that I won't be free on Friday night however my Saturday is clear at the moment.

Any thoughts or requests Sangers? Have you already got plans for Saturday night dinner?

Any other Melbourian's keen on joining in the fun with Sangers?

Btw, if your into your old skool arcade games like pong, asteroid, pacman, street fighter and the like, be sure to check out http://www.acmi.net.au/game_on.aspx. I went yesterday and its definitely worth a look if you love your video games!
              Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

no plans for saturday yet. no preferences here. would love to see all your cars though.

the game exhibition looks cool. where abouts is that situated? is that near prahran at all? ill be staying near chapel st.
                almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

The game exhibition is in Federation Sqaure, which is next to Flinders Street Station in the heart of Melbourne. If your feeling adventurous, you can catch the train from South Yarra (near Chapel St) down to Flinders, which is one stop away.

Hmm... How does pre-dinner drinks followed by dinner, and then maybe a couple of rounds of pool sound?

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                    The game exhibition is in Federation Sqaure, which is next to Flinders Street Station in the heart of Melbourne. If your feeling adventurous, you can catch the train from South Yarra (near Chapel St) down to Flinders, which is one stop away.

Hmm... How does pre-dinner drinks followed by dinner, and then maybe a couple of rounds of pool sound?
                    sounds good to me. can we squeeze a quick car meet up and short run in there as well?

who else is coming? cmon guys, i'm not in town very often.

just confirmed, i'm playing solo 10pm-12am at revolver on saturday!
                    Last edited by sangers; 10-07-08, 03:38 PM.
                    almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

Working...
                    X