Muslim school in Camden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muslim school in Camden

After the humble citiens of Camden assured us that they are definately not racist, but "just dont want all the voilance that having a muslim schoolwould bring", the Australian Federation of Islamic Council has made a statement saying that this may mean that children won't get a proper education from proper teachers...

"Or Muslim children will be given their religious education in backyards and garages by … teachers whose credentials no one could vet," he said. "You may have some very extreme imams or religious teachers getting through to the children."
    http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/...654124109.html

Thoughts?

why dont you share your thoughts first?
    ... retired/

Comment

We'll share at the same time?

I think Camden should be ashamed of themselves by stereotyping Muslims as trouble-bringing terrorists, and should be further ashamed of the comments that they were recorded saying to Ten and 7 news - such as "We don't like Muslims".

Further, the Muslim assosiation should not have responded in the way that they did, hinting that children may get taught extremist ideals and whatnot.

But moreso, Camden - The close-minded, redneck and ignorant town should be ashamed.

Comment

it is just the NIMBY syndrome Elwood, same all over this country...

singling out Camden out for criticism is a little harsh.
        ... retired/

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NIMBY
          ... retired/

Comment

LOL.

Very true.

Although, i drew the line when at 8 year old girl said on prime time news that "We don't like Muslims".

Comment

ignorance is a deep blemish of society
              ... retired/

Comment

Should close this thread...may get out of hand........
                Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

i'll try to keep Elwood under control...

seriously, i doubt it will get out of hand.
                  ... retired/

Comment

*starts jihad*

Comment

lmao @ starts jihad.

It is this mentality that causes the many cultures of Australia to segregate.
                      "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't like muslims, christians, jews or anyone else for that matter.. So I'm not racist :P

Comment

I'm Muslim! i hate it how everyone stereo types us. People don't pick it, so many times 'Muslims' come up in so many conversations and most the time people just relate them or call them terrorists. But this is not true. What people dont realise is that there are two main streams of Muslims. Sunis and shiads. Shiads are the ones causing all this trouble but lets not go into that. Real Muslims don't take the lives of others

Now Muslims have dug them selves into a hole in Australia. They don't adapt to our culture and create there own little community. They are kids that want to go to school. They can do that at a public school. If they want to learn there own religious beliefs, then fair enough they can have a separate class for that. No need to open a whole new school
                          Last edited by izy-20; 02-06-08, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Hey, Muslims are alrite people. I come from singapore, the malays n indians and chinese all get along there very well. There should not even be a discussion like this at all from the government or the people of that town or anywhere else here.

On my very personal opinion, i feel that Australia is still not very welcoming of other races. Just my opinion and i will stop at that. I will not give examples or anything other comments as things will get out of hand.

Lets just say that this news does not reflect well on the country.

Comment

pauline hanson is sexy

Comment

Working...
                              X