Any nsw based fishing freaks here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any nsw based fishing freaks here?

just curious how many of you are avid fisherman, and what are your favorite landbased locations. I am just starting to get back into my addiction to fishing and want to find some good locations....

spent last weekend trying out clarkes pt on harbour without any luck, thinking of trying out long reef beach for tailor or whiting.......

Rexxy

there was a thread on this.. kinda died though after ed posted
    http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=3967
    T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

i regularly goto palm beach to hire a boat and fish. there seems to be alot of kingfish swimming there but never caught one. everytime i come back with my head hung low in shame i always see others with decent size kingfish in their esky!?!

i usually catch borderline size bream, whiting and yellowtails. apparently their are alot of flatheads there also but again never caught one .

Comment

my mates catch kingys in pittwater near palmy...

using live baits and big tackle...

what bait to you run with? kingys like it really fresh!
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          my mates catch kingys in pittwater near palmy...

using live baits and big tackle...

what bait to you run with? kingys like it really fresh!
          I haven't seen any kingies when I'm down near Palm beach... it's probably just my bad luck...

I usually fish at Swansea at 'Snapper Point'... on a good day, you'll see Aus Salmon, Bonito, Mackarel, Kingies and there are loads of yellowtail useful for livebait there..

I usually use catch smaller yellowtail with my baiting rod, then straight onto the main rod it goes...
          Wakefield 1:14.5640 - DC2R

Comment

i usually fish out at Wollongong out near the BHP factory. I fish off the break water barrier. Always come home with a esky full of tailor. however very dangerous sometimes depending on the weather.

Comment

Working...
            X