Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which digicam?

Hi guys,

I know there are some photography experts in this forum who can give me some recommendation on digicam? Since I dun have a clue at all about camera gadget.

I used to have the Canon ixus i3 (I think), it's broken and decided to get a knew one since the canon is already more than 5yrs old neways. I normally just use the camera very casually (i.e. picture to be posted on ebay / forums, long trip or even trackday) never really attempt to take fantastic photographic image or whatsoever (since I dun know how anyway

Can anyone give me recommendation? budget would be around 350ish.
    What I have in mind atm is Olympus FE-340 which cost around 250ish.

Thanks for the help ITR fellas

If its a little point and shoot id recommend sticking with canon or sony make some really good point and shoots as well..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Canon A720
      Fuji J50
      Nikon S210

I'd be looking at them with $250 in hand.
      happyhong says:
      aus only have 3 r
      happyhong says:
      civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

for $366 you can get the latest Canon Ixus 80

Comment

Canon is great for low prices, i got the A720iS for 300ish and it is great
          ... retired/

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys I'll look into it.
            The reason why I started with olympus because simply I could redeem my credit card point and get it for free

kinda tight ass I know

Comment

Finally end up buying the Sony DSC W150 for $339
              according to the guy in terms of picture quality and lenses it is better than the canon ixus 80s they both got the same price btw.

I'll play around with it for a while

Comment

The W150 is not a bad camera but I would've gone the IXUS 80 over it.

I do like the post processing features on the W150 though. You can make people smile and stuff LOL.
                happyhong says:
                aus only have 3 r
                happyhong says:

Comment

Originally posted by fueltank View Post
                  The W150 is not a bad camera but I would've gone the IXUS 80 over it.

I do like the post processing features on the W150 though. You can make people smile and stuff LOL.
                  Yeah I was playing around with that feature, that's quite funny also you can set the smile gauge e.g. smile a lil bit than the camera automatically take ur pic or you can set upto a really2 big smile before it take the pics LOL

According to the guy the Sony has got a better lens, I noticed that it is wider. Forgot what else he mentioned but he said comparing those two the sony is built more for taking pictures. With the canon if I want same spec I'll have to got the one above ixus 80.

Comment

Never believe the guy who is trying to make the sale

Comment

the lens may be wider on the sony, but the quality of the lens may be better on the canon.
                      canon ixus 80's lens is f2.8 - something i can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by black_dc_5 View Post
                        Yeah I was playing around with that feature, that's quite funny also you can set the smile gauge e.g. smile a lil bit than the camera automatically take ur pic or you can set upto a really2 big smile before it take the pics LOL

According to the guy the Sony has got a better lens, I noticed that it is wider. Forgot what else he mentioned but he said comparing those two the sony is built more for taking pictures. With the canon if I want same spec I'll have to got the one above ixus 80.
                        I dunno... sales people say anything to get a sale.

I've played with both and they both have their merits but I would personally choose the IXUS 80.
                        happyhong says:
                        aus only have 3 r
                        happyhong says:

Comment

Originally posted by fueltank View Post
                          I dunno... sales people say anything to get a sale.

I've played with both and they both have their merits but I would personally choose the IXUS 80.
                          LOL that's true,

but it's not that he didn't recommend the Canon, but comparing exactly same feat the Canon is always a lil bit more expensive. That's why I thought why not go for a lil bit higher feat. (in this case sony has 5x optical zoom) at cheaper price. Is that true btw?

Comment

Originally posted by black_dc_5 View Post

Rubbish salesperson. What is the Canon used for then?

#1 rule of sales - Feature > Benefit > Advantage > Relate to customer.

I got an Olympus Muju1020 recently. Cost is higher but I was very impressed with the brand itself. Not sure what their cheaper cams are like.

Comment

get the new Sony DSC-W150.

Highly recommended over the Ixus80.
                              The 30mm wide angle lense means you can fit more in the photo. it also indicates a bigger image sensor (less noise in photograph). If this is the case, i would be very surprised if the canon took a better shot.

DSLR and bridge cameras take better shots because of better lenses and bigger image sensors. So a bigger image sensor on the sony (if its the case), means a better photo in comparison to the canon.

And i do not think highly of olympus, friend got the new tough camera (1050 i believe), and my g/f's Ixus60 takes better shots.

AND I sell cameras at work (work at the good guys). AND the shit about saying anything for the sale is stupid because the ixus 80 and the w150 have the same retail price with the same profit margins.
                              Last edited by Didz; 11-05-08, 12:18 PM.
                              sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Working...
                              X