Alarms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarms

Well... with so many cars getting stolen lately, i have every doubt about where i park my car now and I was thinking about upgrading my alarm and including a kill switch (ignition and fuel pump). I heard rhino alarm is a good alarm, can anyone recommend me a good kill switch or someone whose willing to install both for a packaged price?

I wont be asking what alarm systems you guys are using as it would be giving the thieves a heads up.

Maybe taking out a fuse when you park for car for a prolonged period of time. Thats what my dad did with his 1986 Toyota Corona with no locks on it. Never got stolen :P

Comment

ALL alarms are the same...it just comes down to the installer.

If you're that paranoid about where you park then maybe you should consider these precautionary measures which I would do if I still had an R.

- Kill switches
      - 300db siren inside the cabin
      - Clamp all 4 wheels
      - Take off your steering wheel and take it with you
      - Put a metal chain around your tow hook and chain it to a concrete pillar

I would also consider wiring up something that would literally like turn the car into one big electric shocking thing...LOL...I think I use my taser too much...hahah

Comment

^See www.stickdeath.com for the latest alarm systems :P

But seriously, the amount of thefts lately is a worry to everyone - but thats the price you pay for having a nice car.

But my idea works Trev - used for many years

I am curious to how theives get in behind the immobiliser? Anything we can do that doesnt involve chaining my car to a pillar? :P

Comment

Fuse works better i think.. Because it just won't crank over :P

Comment

Just take out the ecu with you.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
            Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

^I usually take my vtec..

Theives wont steal something without vtec.

But noone would take your car anyway Chi.

<3

Comment

Can you guys recommend anyone who does the install?

Well I got a powerfc... is there anywhere to set a rev limiter or something on it? I heard this guy with a fd, that got stolen, had set his his revs and launch control all to like 1k or something undrivable. Is there anywhere to do that for these things only happen if the ecu picks up that your car has been broken into?

Oh and another note I only drive my car once a week so I dont want to take any chances parking it anywhere.

Comment

PFC has like a "valet" setting where it won't rev above 3K? May be very useful as a guy driving at 3K will be very sus.

Comment

Working...
                  X