Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My DC5S @ Calder Park (video)

On Wednesday I took my car out to Calder Park
    Just a private practice day for pretty much anybody how wants to put there car on the track
    There was no timing or set categories, Just half hour intervals with open wheelers then tin tops.
    This is the second time I’ve ever been on a race track, first time was 2 years ago.
    I managed to take some video footage. It’s not the best considering I had the camera in the sun visor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EYd1-CmwqI

Any feed back welcomed.

I watched the whole video, quality wasn't too bad : )

How did it feel & what have you changed on your car (not engine wise, more to the body/suspension/bars etc)?

Comment

how did u hold the camera there???

nice vid

Comment

Looks like a nice track. Never been there. And....is it just me, but you seems to brake rather early....?? or is it just the video....

But nice one
        For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

Tein SS coilovers, Front whiteline stabilizer bar, Cusco rear strut brace, J’s racing front tower brace with J’s engine damper & DC5R brace as well.

There is like a strap in the sun visor I put the Camera in there lol.

Was Braking a lot earlier, as the brake were shot
          That vibration you see in the video is because of the brakes shuttering.

Just a few other things,
          205 – 208kph before braking down the main straight.
          165 – 170kph on the back straight.
          Also, wheels were the original 17/45/215 tread just rwc

Comment

Looks ok...ur race line still a bit mess up.....need to use the track a bit more.....also you let go of the throtto too early and brake too early....but can't help it as your pads are low......try to do the gas a bit smoother or it will fuckup the balance of the car while turning......you can easliy gain 3-5 sec from there....what time you pulling?
            Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
            1)ブレーキを踏む
            2)クラッチを切る
            3)シフトダウンしなから、
              アクセルをぶかす
            4)クラッチをつなぐ
            :blah:
            インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
            人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

that looked like fun, but those dirt patches would worry me.
              how did you find the engine torque damper? does it cause much cabin vibration?
              what were your coilovers set to?

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                Looks ok...ur race line still a bit mess up.....need to use the track a bit more.....also you let go of the throtto too early and brake too early....but can't help it as your pads are low......try to do the gas a bit smoother or it will fuckup the balance of the car while turning......you can easliy gain 3-5 sec from there....what time you pulling?
                Hey Eddy,
                I didn’t have a timing device in my car, but the other guys recon I was doing between 1:13 – 1:14’s?
                Thanks for your comments

Comment

Originally posted by tofu View Post
                  that looked like fun, but those dirt patches would worry me.
                  how did you find the engine torque damper? does it cause much cabin vibration?
                  what were your coilovers set to?
                  The track was a bit dirty after the Crusty Demons were there.
                  Bob Jane himself came out before any of us started racing, just told us to be careful on parts of track being upgraded.

Engine Damper a little vibration but works great

For suspension set-up in the middle of hard n soft. Exactly what I use for street

Comment

Sounds like the car could do with an LSD . You're spinning the wheels ALOT on corner exit. It also may have to do alot with you mashing the right foot a bit like Eddy said.

Eddy pretty much covered everything else too.

Comment

nice vid
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X