HELP! tuner shops in Tokyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! tuner shops in Tokyo

i'm going to tokyo in 7 days as part of my honeymoon.
    will be staying in Shinjuku. while i'm in tokyo i'd love to check out a tuning shop or two if i can find them. im only there for 5 days so i wont be spending hours trying to find obscure little shops, but if i can find Spoon / Type One or something of that kind it would really make my day.

any of you who have travelled to tokyo before have any advice?
    "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Spoon Sports

J's are in Osaka so that is too far to travel. From what I've heard these places are very VERY hard to find. Speak to Justin Fox on JDMST about it. He was recently there. The ProConcept guys also have a partnership with Spoon so maybe they could give you some advice. I don't know how "open to the public" these places are though. You may be better off checking out some of the massive tuner supermarkets.

Comment

Wanted to go to Spoon, but yeh its hard to get to in little time...unless you have a guide.. instead went to Super Autobachs in Tokyo. Fairly easy to get to.. just catch the subway to Shinonome Station, then its across the road. I stayed in Shinjuku, i think you need to change trains a couple times.

I also remember passing by BEE-R, but was with a friend so can't remember it now.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sypherg View Post
        I stayed in Shinjuku, i think you need to change trains a couple times.
        Yeah, I've heard privatisation of trains means that they all have their own train lines. You can change trains and train companies 4 times in Tokyo alone.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
          Yeah, I've heard privatisation of trains means that they all have their own train lines. You can change trains and train companies 4 times in Tokyo alone.
          Yeh gets confusing at times since some lines don't run at certain locations, so u need to switch. And if you get a JR Pass, this doesn't cover the normal subway trains only JR trains. But its fairly useful if your gonna be travelling the Shinkansen (bullet train) often.
          sigpic

Comment

Spoon, SEEKER, and Type ONE are in the same suburb 5-10 walking distance from each other. These three are the easiest to get to from Shinjuku. I'll try to get you a map later if I can find it. I think JUN is also a few stops from Shinjuku but I've never been there so can't say for sure.

If you want to buy parts from shops that are not in Tokyo Area, you can go to Crystal in Chiba, its 40-50min train ride to get there and another 15min monorail ride, but well worth it if you want to shop for lots of parts. Plus they give you 10-20% off retail straight off if you pay cash. In the same area is Upgarage, they sell second hand car parts for all makes, its a bit of a lottery, sometimes you find good stuff, sometimes you come out empty handed. Then there's superautobacs full of all stuff rice and not. But be prepared to pay retail if you are thinking of buying stuff there.

Comment

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showpost...3&postcount=18

Hope that helps.
              Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Here's a Jap Map in case you want to ask for directions

Top station is JR Ogikubo

The one in the middle is Private line, Takaido Station

Top Arrow is SPOON HQ, its an office, not much to see but thats where you order stuff
                Middle Arrow is Type ONE, where all the cars are stored
                Bottom Arrow is SEEKER, another Honda Tuning shop

Comment

awesome info guys! thanks all!
                  i will try to make it to spoon and type-one. i may check out seeker, though i dont like their stuff as much..

i was considering getting some mugen valvesprings while over there..any idea where i would find the closest mugen dealer? i beleive mugen is sold through select honda dealers?

also any other interesting non-honda tuning shops in the vicinity?

Comment

Don't forget to visit Amuse

Comment

Don't forget to bring me back a Jap AV girl!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
                        awesome info guys! thanks all!
                        i will try to make it to spoon and type-one. i may check out seeker, though i dont like their stuff as much..

i was considering getting some mugen valvesprings while over there..any idea where i would find the closest mugen dealer? i beleive mugen is sold through select honda dealers?

also any other interesting non-honda tuning shops in the vicinity?
                        Mugen usually don't keep much stock, mostly pre-order can take weeks.
                        You can try ordering through Crystal, but I'd say chances are slim.
                        Mugen showroom is just outside Tokyo, I've never been there myself
                        Seems more hassle than its worth.

Powerhouse Amuse, Top Secret, Veilside are all in Chiba if you want to be adventurous

Comment

mm.. powerhouse amuse would be sweeet! top secret too.

ive always hated the veilside style (appart from the sakura graphics which looked quite cool)so that doesnt interest me..
                          thanks so much guys, time to find some more maps! of course any more help / advice is appreciated!
                          Last edited by szymonsta; 19-03-08, 09:17 PM.

Comment

http://www.google.co.jp/maps?ie=UTF8...49302&z=14&t=m

amuse looks a bit far for me!

Comment

Working...
                            X