42+ hp from a chip!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

42+ hp from a chip!!!

Saw this advertised on ebay. I know these are rubbish but i just had to write to this guy and ask a few question cos 42hp from a chip on ANY car let alone a well tuned OEM Honda ecu is a big call. You would be flat out getting 42hp with every bolt on's avaliable and some cams in a poor old Accord When I asked if he could guarantee the HP increase and how the chip worked this was the reply i got
    Hi
    conected to ECU sensor O2 IAT MAF and reprogram ECU
    So i guess i hook it up between the ECU an the O2 sensor an Mass Air Flow sensor (arent Honda's all MAP?) stuffed if i know what IAT is... An i guess it tricks the ECU thinking that its runing lean so it enriches the mixture now how can that possible give better fuel economy....
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....:X:RTQ:AU:1123
    Though some one else might want to order one as well
    Just noticed in the ad "Beware of cheap imitation's!" haha make sure you get the 'quality' one....
    Last edited by Page; 20-02-08, 10:15 AM.
    F/S: VTI-R Civic

you might want to change your statement on "cos 42hp from a chip on ANY car let alone a well tuned OEM Honda ecu is a big call." As this only applies to N/A car. Turbo cars are rather possible.
    For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

Its rubbish.

Don't bother.

Deano.

Comment

it actually tricks the computer into thinking the air is cold, so it increases the ignition timing.

the IAT is the "Air Intake Sensor"

the best thing this "mod" can do is increase your chances of knock, pinging and detonation...
        ... retired/

Comment

LOL! RRP $199 for a bunch of shit soldiered onto a cheapo pcd.

it's basically a resistor to replace the IAT which is a thermosister. usually of similar resistance to that which corresponds to the IATs readings at cooler temps.

rubbish. absolute fucking rubbish. (been there done that LOL)
          T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Working...
          X