No announcement yet.

best 40in LCD HD TV to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep, go to the shop and match them side by side. thats what i did with the sony and samsung.. ended up going the bottom of the range sony bravia W series. still kicks all the other top of the range stuff from the other brands. pity u missed the ps3 offer..

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
      1080p = 1920 x 1080 resolution
      1080i = 1366 x 768 Resolution
      thats wrong, both still use 1920x180 pixels but the I stands for Interlaced which works by offsetting the two fields making up a frame by half a frame's duration, halves the total amount of information needed to transmit or store the video.

interlaced is much better for sport because it is transmitted at 50fps, it makes it look alot smoother.

Progressive is generally done in 25fps

all 1080 HD broadcast in australia is 1080i, there is just way to much data to transmit in 1080p, most of australia's HD actully isnt HD its either pal and 720P upconverted to 1080i.

channels tens HD afl is all done in true 1080i

Comment

thanks for the clarification + extra info
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by TOU93 View Post
          thats wrong, both still use 1920x180 pixels but the I stands for Interlaced which works by offsetting the two fields making up a frame by half a frame's duration, halves the total amount of information needed to transmit or store the video.

interlaced is much better for sport because it is transmitted at 50fps, it makes it look alot smoother.

Progressive is generally done in 25fps

all 1080 HD broadcast in australia is 1080i, there is just way to much data to transmit in 1080p, most of australia's HD actully isnt HD its either pal and 720P upconverted to 1080i.

channels tens HD afl is all done in true 1080i
          progressive > interlaced for sport. to show a full frame with 1080i, it takes 1/30 sec, as it's 1/60 sec for each field. 1080p however will do the whole frame in 1/60, effectively doubling the frame rate. you will find that most HD content is encoded at that ~25fps anyway (native), but the tv scales it up to its own refresh rates.
          T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

at the moment in broadcast tv is all 1080p done at 25fps because of bandwidth limitation in australia, the US is differnt.

you are right but you are comparing 1080p50 vs 1080i50, but tv here in aus it is done at 1080i50 because it is effectivly half the bitrate of 1080p50.

For sport that is shot at 50i is better than 25p because 25p means 25 progressive frames per second and 50i means 25 interlaced frames per second, consisting of 50 interlaced fields pre second and because interlaced for the first field is the first, third, fith and so on and the second frame taken 1/50th of a sec later comprising of the second, fourth, sixth line. when played back it look smoother to the eye

Comment

furry muff.
              T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

I got sony bravia and I'm more than happy, it works very well with my set up which consists of PS3 and Home Theatre System (DAVS 1000W HDMI, CEC, DMPORT DAVDZ750K), it all blends together just perfect, I got told that they made these 3 things to work with each other and it looks and sounds like it's true

Comment

Working...
                X