Insurance issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance issues

Hey guys, I just want to vent a little and start a little Q/A or discussion.

so my car is still not in the repair shop for my smashed rear windscreen, i called Justcar's insurance today to find out what's going on with my claim which i sent them on the 11th of Jan. I contacted them on the 14th of Jan to confirm they have got the paperwork (quotes from 2 repair shops, one of their choosing, one of mine) and they said they will get an assessor out to my house, where my car is on the 22nd of Jan, which is tomorrow.

I called them today to ask what approximately what time the assessor will be coming to my place tomorrow, so i can arrange when to take time off for work, instead of taking the whole day off. The girl on the phone said the assessor will call me in the morning. But i was thinking wtf?!, i'll be at work!!
    she asked if i can leave my car outside so the assessor can take a look at the damages, and i said no, because it's missing a rear windscreen and i definately didn't want to leave it outside my house.

She then went on to say "how come it's not fixed, you're suppose to secure the car".....now that totally pissed me off!! How am i suppose to fix the damages, that's why i'm claiming on insurance is for!!

She replys, "you could have got it fixed then we can reimburse you."

WTF!! I ain't paying $2k out of my pocked first!!

JUSTCARS FTMFL!!!!
    Last edited by tofu; 21-01-08, 10:27 AM.

Yeh that sounds like awful service!!

But then in saying that, they were willing to insure me with all mods and my driving record for a price ~500 cheaper than wat i was paying about 4 yrs ago LOL

Hope it works out for ya man...
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

that's shite service man..
      what a doofus
      '08 Odyssey + '10 Mazda CX-7 (fs btw) + '10 Mazda 2
      wife made me sell the FN2R. bleh.

Comment

tat is stupid.... if you got it fixed... how are they going to assess it??? LOL
        http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by supernatural
          tat is stupid.... if you got it fixed... how are they going to assess it??? LOL
          +1.

I guess they wanted you to have the damage fixed, and then you send in the quotes/receipts and all that shit. Very shitty service.

Comment

That kind of customer service is very poor!

It seems like she's contradicting herself - first she says the assessor will come around to assess your car THEN she asks how come you havent fixed your car yet?! MAJOR WTDIU?!

Nonethless, speedy recovery for your car Jeff.
            sif it's a girls car
            sigpic

Comment

I just went through the same shit, now I need a day off work to wait for the assessor to call me...
              Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

you could have had it fixed to your liking, put it on your credit card, then recouped all the money back if you had thought it was a possibility... which it is, and you could have suggested it.

My view is they should have told you that to begin with...

Comment

Originally posted by Manny View Post
                  I just went through the same shit, now I need a day off work to wait for the assessor to call me...
                  is this with just car as well manny?
                  its making me think i dont want to take their insurance offer anymore...

Comment

yep I'm with Just Car as well Ray.

I want to get off Just Car, but really don't have much of a choice.

Comment

I have no other choice but JustCars either...
                      no one will insure me cuz i'm not 25

Comment

i think when it comes time to redo my insurance in April... and i'll be doing some searching around... because as of late i have been hearing some horror stories about just cars :s

Comment

Originally posted by tofu View Post
                          I have no other choice but JustCars either...
                          no one will insure me cuz i'm not 25
                          Sorry, a bit of bad news...but it doesn't get much better after you turn 25 Jeffy...

Comment

Any of you tried QBE? ive got my bike with them and they are very cheap on premiums and have good service.

Comment

justcars is fkn shthouse service but if ur modified, they are ur only option unless u wanna pay twice the premiums for gio or shannons
                              sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Working...
                              X