Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should i buy an type r?

hello all,

i joined a few days ago and have been reading a few posts and looking at some very nice cars, +1 for gunmetal!

i currently have a '90 mitsu lancer hatch gsr, the n/a fwd version and have started looking to something a little newer that i can have as much if not a little (or lot) more fun in.

i won't be needing the car for daily commutes, or regular distance driving - just something with a nice revvy engine that i can enjoy the late night grocery run to coles in and the occasional run to the fish markets before all the prawns are sold.

i've previously had a '95 Pulsar SSS and before that a '91 Toyota GTi - so yeah i like small jap cars that are fun

is the dc2 type r for me?

i'm still trawling through the threads about what to look for when buying one, so i guess i'd just like to hear people's opinions if they think they car might be suitable for me based on what i've mentioned

thanks
    Last edited by jebusau; 12-01-08, 05:08 AM. Reason: sp

So, you are after a fun shopping trolley then? If yes, i would consider DC2R abit too expensive for that purpose. (insurance's the killer)

For fun shopping trolley, you can't get away from a Ralliart Colt (shamelessly promoting my own club )
    For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

hehehehe... how are you liking that getrag (sp?) box?

i did an online quote with aami and came up for 1300, that's not too bad is it?

Comment

Seriously it sounds like a DC2R is the perfect car for you!

Best FWD chassis ever. Excellent balance, adjustable on the limit, very forgiving, very precise and gives great steering feel.
        NA, 141kW from a 1.8 and the noise in the cabin is wonderful. If you like NA engines that rev and you have never had a honda then, errr.. you need a DC2R!
        Gearshift is awesome too....
        Recaro Seats!
        oh and finally, only 1100kg

You MUST at least take a near standard one for a test drive. (you wouldnt want to form an opinion on a badly modified one).
        Last edited by 00dc2; 12-01-08, 11:01 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

hi welcome

im gonna be different and say no dont get a type R LOL because it's stupid to ask if you should get a type R in a type R forum....everyone will say yes yes yes integras are the best....best fwd car ever

z10 says:
          i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
          z10 says:
          mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Its true that everybody may be slightly biased in their decision, However I believe the DC2R suits your personality and needs quite well, Of course there are other options. Even a Civic VTi-r will do the job if your straining your budget for a DC2R.
            Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #008

Comment

ITR + Shopping car parks = PARANOIA!!!...BIG NO NO!!! (my 2 cents)

Comment

Originally posted by Chosta View Post
                ITR + Shopping car parks = PARANOIA!!!...BIG NO NO!!! (my 2 cents)

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
                  best fwd car ever
                  EVO magazine. Special 100th Celebration Issue. "The Greatest Group Test Ever"

Mclaren F1, F40, Zonda, Lancia Delata Integrale, Veyron, NSX-R, 997 GT3, 911 2.7 RS, DC2R, GTR Skyline

Page 98:
                  "..top drawer front-drive dynamics. Its a chassis of rare ability, the highlights being sublime damping and sensational, faithful adjustability. It feels spot on."

"..the Integra's manic 1.8 four-pot is the perfect partner for is sharp as a tack chassis."

EVO Issue 95: (Greatest Front Drivers of all time)(winner=DC2R)

Page 87: "Then in complete contrast is the Honda Integra Type-R. There has never been a more focused, less compromised front-driven coupe than the Integra. .. Superb Engine, gearbox and brakes, and a simply awesome chassis.. Immediately obvious is the quality of the steering: its smoothness, its meatiness, its keenness. This Honda exudes quality and precision.. Its Fantastic"

Page 100:
                  "Its a car as sweet and all consuming as any i've experienced at any price, and as pure and focused in its own way as any Porsche RS. Forget the accolade of greatest front-wheel-drive car. The Integra Type-R ranks as one of the truly great drivers cars of any kind."
                  Last edited by 00dc2; 12-01-08, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jebusau View Post
                    hehehehe... how are you liking that getrag (sp?) box?

i did an online quote with aami and came up for 1300, that's not too bad is it?
                    Well, i haven't track the car, hence i'm not sure if the Getrag box is up to spec or not

1300 for a DC2R is pretty impressive. Always thought it cost 2k and above.
                    For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                      EVO magazine. Special 100th Celebration Issue. "The Greatest Group Test Ever"

Mclaren F1, F40, Zonda, Lancia Delata Integrale, Veyron, NSX-R, 997 GT3, 911 2.7 RS, DC2R, GTR Skyline

Page 98:
                      "..top drawer front-drive dynamics. Its a chassis of rare ability, the highlights being sublime damping and sensational, faithful adjustability. It feels spot on."

"..the Integra's manic 1.8 four-pot is the perfect partner for is sharp as a tack chassis."

EVO Issue 95: (Greatest Front Drivers of all time)(winner=DC2R)

Page 87: "Then in complete contrast is the Honda Integra Type-R. There has never been a more focused, less compromised front-driven coupe than the Integra. .. Superb Engine, gearbox and brakes, and a simply awesome chassis.. Immediately obvious is the quality of the steering: its smoothness, its meatiness, its keenness. This Honda exudes quality and precision.. Its Fantastic"

Page 100:
                      "Its a car as sweet and all consuming as any i've experienced at any price, and as pure and focused in its own way as any Porsche RS. Forget the accolade of greatest front-wheel-drive car. The Integra Type-R ranks as one of the truly great drivers cars of any kind."
                      I can't help it but the quote from F&F3 cames to my mind: "Geez, you can read the brochure"

Joking

Comment

sorry have not seen it

Comment

mate ive owned mine since new, so thats 8 years now, and it still puts a smile on my face when i drive it, even though im getting sick of the bumps rattles and noisiness!

Drive one, you'll be hooked!

Comment

yeah i'm not liking how paranoid i'm going to get with something like a dc2r parked at the shops, but i guess anything costing that much is going to make me paranoid...

i keep finding no matter what car i start looking at, i always end up at the DC2R, i too think it would be the perfect car for me - so i'm currently looking for a stock DC2R close to me so i can take it for a test drive...

i've been reading the posts about the DC2R on this forum, and i have to say that combined with what i've read and the advice you guys have taken the time to give me here, i feel very welcome! thanks

there was one thing i was curious about, i'm not sure where; but do remember reading that the DC2R had a minor revision that saw a few more kW and Nm, is this true at all?

Comment

all AUDM DC2R's produce the same power/Torque.

check under specs for each year (99-01) on www.redbook.com.au

Comment

Working...
                              X