What camera to get??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What camera to get??

I know there is a few people round here that know there stuff about cameras judging by some pictures posted.
    I have a pretty good Pentax digtal camera for everday photos but i want somthing with a few more manual options to learn to take some artistic photos. I am looking at spending up to $100 on ebay for a used one.
    Somthing like this
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Nikon-SLR-Cam...QQcmdZViewItem

Has any one got any handy hints as i really dont know what i am looking for. Except the price an somthing not to fancy
    F/S: VTI-R Civic

If you want to learn then I would suggest getting an old 35mm SLR camera and do a course at your local council or TAFE.

That way you will learn the technical side of things and it will allow you to capture photo's that are exposed correctly and with the depth of field you desire.
    happyhong says:
    aus only have 3 r
    happyhong says:
    civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

Thats the plan. Just gota get a SLR and was looking at the ones on ebay as they seem cheap just not sure what look for. Is the link a good buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Page View Post
        Thats the plan. Just gota get a SLR and was looking at the ones on ebay as they seem cheap just not sure what look for. Is the link a good buy?
        If it stays under $100 then yeah but you really should get a closer look at it.
        See what condition the lens is.
        I'd be as rash to say the lens is more important than the body. Some people wil disagree though

Review on the Nikon you posted.
        http://www.bythom.com/n65.htm
        happyhong says:
        aus only have 3 r
        happyhong says:

Comment

Thanks for your help mate! sounds like it has a few limitations. What brands should i look for? Nikon sounds like it could be on the cheaper side of things...

Comment

I think for older 35mm SLR's Nikon, Ricoh, Canon you will find more glass for them.

Don't worry too much about limitations, the SLR I learnt off had no autofocus!
            Had to learn how to pre-focus for alot of moving/action shots.
            happyhong says:
            aus only have 3 r
            happyhong says:

Comment

Awwwww..... and i Just sold my Canon AE-1 SLR

Comment

Damn always happens. I got a mag on buying SLR cameras so should be set now thanks agian for your help

Comment

Nikon FTW

Comment

Working...
                  X