You OBVIOUSLY dont know honda's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You OBVIOUSLY dont know honda's.

Thought i might start up a thread about stories or experiences you have heard about, when ppl who think they know everything about honda's obviously have NO idea what they are on about.

Ill start with 2 stories
    1st story

At work and a guy who works with us used to own a tuning shop. Goes to me
    GUY: Oh you should get a VTEC controller!
    ME: Why would i waste my money??
    GUY: Nah man used to tune them all the time....would get 50 - 60hp atw just by changing the VTEC crossover to 2.5k. I must have done it to at least 20 S2000's.
    ME:.....................rofl
    ME: YEP, Alright mate speak to you later.

2nd story

At carwash guy comes up to my mates DC5R and says to us oh yeah man your car is hot. Just to be polite we go "oh yeah man what you got in your car (we knew cause it was another one of our mates old car that he just sold a few days before EG B16A....but like we said just to be polite)

GUY: Oh yeah man I got a B18C......goes fkn hard aye!
    US: Oh really.....(we knew he was lying)
    US: So what mods you done
    GUY: Oh just airfilter man goes hard aye! Im eventually gonna put the same CAMS that are in your DC5R into mine.
    US: YEP! Alright mate speak to you later......ROFL.

I just laugh when I come across ppl who think they know everything and know absolutly jack shit lol.
    So keep them coming!

Originally posted by macoman69 View Post
    US: So what mods you done
    GUY: Oh just airfilter man goes hard aye! Im eventually gonna put the same CAMS that are in your DC5R into mine.
    Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

Ohh... The old "Get a VTEC controller" stories... I would have been told that about 20 times personally. I don't even bother explaining to people anymore why a VTEC controller on its own is as useless as an ice factory in Antarctica.

The classic example of the VTEC controller story was when my car was totally stock, and someone locally bought a DC2 VTiR which had some mods, one of which was a VTEC controller. I took one of the guy's friends for a drive in my DC2R and he couldn't believe my car was just stock. Said something like "his car has a VTEC controller and everythin!!!" ... ROFL

The most stupid thing I've heard someone say was from this guy who used to live in my apartment block. He told me his "mate down in Sydney had one of these" (ITR) and that it was so "worked" that when he revved it up the "chassis twisted" while he described V8 muscle-car style rocking of the car when revving it... I said to him "I hate to tell you mate, but it's front wheel drive". He still continued on raving on about it until I shook my head and walked off....
      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

A copper pulled me over. For my buddy club spec 3. Perfectly reasonable.

The copper was really nice, he went to the back tire had a feel and proclaimed that
        "oh these tires are a bit bald sir, have u been doing some burnouts?"

hehhee but he was a nice cop u cant know every car back to front i guess

Comment

macoman can back me up on this one... at mazfix dyno day, some fubu white kid pointed at his type r and goes "look at that big front mount" and "that thing is turbocharged".. and it made me speechless

Comment

bahahahahah thats right i remember that one......he was so confident as wel....the way he said it to his mate....."its turbocharged man" rofl......did leave us speechless. Freakin boostcruising kids. lol.

Comment

lol @ vtec controller

when i bought my dc2r someone asked if it was vtec.. i played along and asked, "nah man whats vtec?" he said that the engine runs standard off 3 cylinders, and when it hits 5000rpm the 4th kicks in..

..do i win?

Comment

is it jst me, or does it annoy you as well when ppl come up to you and say;

"hey bro, is your car an integra vtec?"

like ffs ... theres no such model as an integra vtec!!!

shits me to tears >.<
                Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Originally posted by Q Ball
                  is it jst me, or does it annoy you as well when ppl come up to you and say;

"hey bro, is your car an integra vtec?"
                  i just say the vtec broke...

Comment

walked into Autobarn...

Sales Assistant : Is that your honda?
                    Me : Yeah mate.
                    Sales Assistant : Have you installed a BOV yet?
                    Me : Haha, pretty sure it'd have to be turbo first champ.
                    Sales Assistant : But all Type R's are turbo.
                    Me : WHO HIRED YOU!?!?!?!
                    ITR #01-0141

“If Honda does not race there is no Honda.” Soichiro Honda

Comment

^ Lol'd
                      Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

hehehee
                        when i got my ep3 i took my boss at work for a spin haha it was funny
                        when vtec kicked in at 6k his like WOAHH u can really feel the turbo on this machine

BAWHAHAHAAHH OMGWTFBBQ ! ! ! HAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                          A copper pulled me over. For my buddy club spec 3. Perfectly reasonable.

The copper was really nice, he went to the back tire had a feel and proclaimed that
                          "oh these tires are a bit bald sir, have u been doing some burnouts?"

hehhee but he was a nice cop u cant know every car back to front i guess
                          Um did you get done for your BC3?

Lol some guy at my work with a BASE model auto DC5 claims he can beat my DC2R, keep up with my friends stock DC5R and nearly beat a WRX...

DC5: Mines 2L! Of course I can beat your 1.8L
                          Me: hoooooooooooooooooooookay then.... yours is only 114kw at the fly how can u beat mine when its got 116kwatw?
                          DC5: Dont worry I've beaten a stock DC2R before
                          Me: a stock DC2R has 141kw at the fly... you cant even beat the car on paper
                          DC5: Dont worry I beat him cause im 2L and I nearly beat a WRX the other day... Man when i put my car into D it just launches!!
                          Me: *giggles* okay
                          Last edited by SPL_K; 19-12-07, 01:05 AM.

Comment

hahahahah. This is what keeps me entertained at work.
                            Keep them coming.

Comment

hmmm,

i have lost count.

i got nothing.

maybe except this one time i broke my engine at Wakefield Park - i came in to the pits and it was knocking badly...

i wasnt sure exactly what it was, and the bloke from MayBach Engineering came over and said;

"hmmmm, sorry mate, it sounds either like a spun bearing, or one of your VTEC actuators has come loose inside your head and is now rattling around in your sump, bloody VTEC cars..."

i looked up and was like WTF with a death stare, and saw him smiling nicely at me

he *knew* it was a spun bearing and nothing else...

he was just trying to make me lighten up, LOL!
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X