Sound quality on mp3 devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound quality on mp3 devices

Ok we are all ipod crazed and what not.......but is the ipod the best audio reproduction device in portable format?

I had a sony mp3 player previously and whilst it was annoying with the atrac3 format i found that the quality of sound was slightly better then the ipod.

Does anyone know which device gives the best audio reproduction? I dont really care about space and what not premium sound quality is what i am after.

Cheers

just found this on cnet actually Hmmmmm

Best for sound quality: Creative's Zen Vision:M has the best sound quality you can get in an MP3 player. Indeed, all Creative's players excel at audio reproduction, most likely the result of its history of producing excellent computer soundcards. The Vision:M also looks great and supports loads of useful media formats, and is by far the main competitor to Apple's iPod. If you're passionate about sound quality, get a Creative Zen Vision:M.

Comment

I was just about to say Creative actually.
      They've been involved with audio for a very long time now and from exp their speakers etc are of a very high quality
      Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Apple is kinda bad...even the earphones that come with the ipod sucks...I bought some sennheisers and they were so much better...then I plugged in my audiotechnica's and it just absolutely pwned all! LOL

Comment

samsung always has great designers working for them ....

classy koreans

Comment

ipod and sony are pretty similar....
            it's the headphones that comes with the ipod that are crap

i had sony before, then changed to ipod....swapped the headphones over and adjust the EQ and problem solved

z10 says:
            i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
            z10 says:
            mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

some crazy ass headphones here for the audio nuts

http://www.headphones.com.au/

Comment

i dunno if im hijacking or not, but on the topic of mp3 devices...

i want a creative device which i can hook up to ANY car (likely via a transmitter). however i have yet to find a product which supports creative mp3 players to do this. ive only seen support for iPods.

i want a product like the belkin clearscan because of its nice features such as the flexible stand (http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=390447)
                but to support a creative product. i especially hate the itunes software.

does anybody know of similar devices.
                "Success is 99% Failure"
                Soichiro Honda.
                sigpic

Comment

just get a fm transmitter and plug the headphone jack to it....i have one lying around if you want to test it out...but i dont recommend fm transmitter....they sound awful and with certain cars they simply dont work unless you put it really close to the antenna

z10 says:
                  i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                  z10 says:
                  mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

post reported

GTFO ......

Comment

creative > apple

fact
                      <3j

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                        samsung always has great designers working for them ....

classy koreans

I've got the original version of this, the k5 with the built in speaker... sound quality it pretty good even with the standard headphones... they take a little getting used to and look like miny hair dryers haha

Built in speaker is actually pretty good as well. But the device is just a bit chunky for my liking

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                          some crazy ass headphones here for the audio nuts

http://www.headphones.com.au/

i really REALLY wanted these + DIY headphone amp = win on a budget

http://www.headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=321
                          T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

the only thing holding me back from getting super exxy headphones are the fact i go through them pretty quickly as i dont really care for them the way i should .......

Comment

Originally posted by ley View Post
                              creative > apple

fact
                              dealer prices on all creative products > stingy apple

fact

Comment

Working...
                              X