The Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by felixR View Post
    dramatic.. have you got some kind of waterview there?
    Hey Felix, nah it isn't directly opposite my view but if you stretch your neck out over the railings and look to the left you might see some of it
    Justin Oh Wedding Photography

TYP 88 R

Comment

LOL who's that Q??
      Justin Oh Wedding Photography

TYP 88 R

Comment

Originally posted by Q_ball View Post
        One of my fav photographers...

Shh, dont tell him i posted this up haha
        T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Originally posted by MrThanh View Post
          if its outdoors, you're just wasting batteries by having the stofen on - especially if the flash is pointed straight ahead.. Unless you're bouncing the flash off something, the stofen is pretty much useless, as it's just cutting the amount of light coming from the flash and making it work harder (assuming you've got ettl-2 on)
          is it? because if its direct flash, wouldn't it blind the target? But i did make it compensate 1 point up on ettl-2. The result is quite good for me
          For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

the flash will still fire at the same brightness, regardless of whether or not you've got the diffuser on or not. that's what ettl does. it fires a preflash and then shoots a main flash, based on the reading it gets from the preflash. if youve got a diffuser on, it will adjust/increase the output in comparison to no diffuser. i believe theres at least a 1-stop loss of light with the stofen on.

i dont tihnk it makes much difference with 'blinding the target' because you still get the same amount of light coming from the flash head.

indoors the stofen can make a lot of difference. remember that the 'softness' of light depends on the size of the light source in relation to the subject. by having the stofen on and bouncing the flash off the ceiling for example, the size of your light source is whatever bounces off the ceiling, which in turn creates softer shadows. the stofen also helps to diffuse some light directly forward to kinda provide some fill light, otherwise all shadows would drop downwards from the light bounced from the ceiling.
            Last edited by MrThanh; 27-11-07, 02:25 PM.
            T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Originally posted by De_Cruelz View Post
              LOL who's that Q??
              That is the one they call....Neonode aka...Yao Ming
              Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Picked up my Manfrotto 190XDB with 804RC head! now i need something to test it on! lol

Comment

Those are my glasses damnit !!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                  Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Originally posted by wu` View Post
                    Picked up my Manfrotto 190XDB with 804RC head! now i need something to test it on! lol
                    nice one. how much was it?
                    T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

330$ including manfrotto carry case... 280 for the tripod and head!

Comment

fark $50 for a carry case.. what a waste of $$ lol
                        T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

OMGOSH ITS SHANGY WITH HARM SUP'S GLASSESSSSS!!!

but yes, i like his work too... mr flawless
                          <3j

Comment

Lol Manfrotto bling!

Comment

Comment

what setup you using jing? and are u using a flash?

i might need to invest in a flash... just not sure how soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X